Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Workshop Importer not displaying materials correctly

I am also getting the same problem as Bugball with the recent patch. Would be good if this gets fixed soon before the Spring Event deadline.

Basic Member
    Im having the same problem! would be nice to have a fix before the spring event finishes, want to upload a weapon! xD

Thanks

Basic Member

here is the bug image, .. sigh.. I still have to test 2 sets and just 2 days left for the deadline.. my bad, I had to do it before this weekend when still worked fine but the lazyness.. guess this is the end of the contest for me, have luck guys with your submissions!

Basic Member
    oh thank god its not just me... ive tried 2 different computers, tried every possible export-variation, until i tried importing the .fbx-file that comes WITH the zip-file from valve for the item in question. Even that breaks so i know its not my exports either.. something is broken in the importer, and its horrible timing...

Basic Member
    Already sent a mail to a Valve dev about this, Greenmarine gave me the mail direction So I hope they are aware of this bug now.

As you say, a terrible terrible timing for this bug... 2 days until the deadline!
    Last edited by Bugball; 01-13-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Basic Member
    Wow nice screw up, I'm busy trying out everything why my test texture wasn't working.
    After 1,5 hour I just stopped and tried Valve's own model. Even that didn't worked correctly, so I though i would post it on here, but it seems a lot of ppl are having the same issue.

Wasted all that time for nothing.... thanks!

Basic Member
    I am also experiencing this. Imported materials look like the image above. Works fine on the text client. The deadline for the spring submission is tomorrow.... would love to hear from valve devs regarding a fix or possible extension??

Basic Member
    Already got a mail, Valve devs know that this problem exist and they are working on it.

No words about the deadline and not being able to upload the items thou
    Last edited by Bugball; 01-14-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Banned
    You cannot upload items? Wtf. The importer is bugged for me, too - Single, grayish color, blinking in different shades even when not moving the model. I really hope they fix it FAST so I can upload my items ;(

Banned

Dota 2 Workshop Importer - Does Not Work Properly

Title is clear.

When I try to upload an item in the workshop, everything goes smoothly until it is visualized.
    The items is correctly rigged(correct position on hero ingame), textures are done by the manual, Low poly fine etc.

The importer however visualizes the item with grayish color and blinking in different color shades, even when I don't rotate the hero. It just blinks.

Please help! I want to upload my items! ;(((((((

P.S. My hero is not in the Test Client so I can't import it there.

Thank you