Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Workshop Importer not displaying materials correctly

Workshop Importer not displaying materials correctly

With this latest update it seems something has gone really wrong with the Workshop Importer, any item that I upload has a completely bugged material.
    I'm importing items which I have already submitted and were perfectly fine before; here are some examples.
    1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

This is pretty urgent since we only have a few days left to submit our items for the Year of the Horse update.

If I import an item and then use the "Additional Items" button I can add previously imported items and they appear totally fine so it's definitely something to do with the actual importing of the materials/models.
    Example: 4.PNG

I imported my files for my Lantern of the Luck Dragon fine yesterday, but now when i try to resubmit it i get this error

"CTargetVTF::Compile( blahblah_color.vtf ) - RunCommandLine Failed - ""d:\steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\bin\vtex.exe" -nop4 -nopause -dontusegamedir "d:\steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\content\dota\materialsrc\models\items\wards\0 x0583c5ba\blahblah\blahblah_color.tga"

It doesn't even compile anymore

Basic Member
    The ability importer is broken. I'm getting crashes every time I hit the import button.

Tested with the Nature Prophet's Summon, Lycan Ultimate and Death Prophet's Ghost.

importer is broken for me, and my co-artist, spits out
    Starting import of Guardian Lion...
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardi an_lion\guardian_lion_color.tga
    - Compilation successful.
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian _lion\guardian_lion_color.vtf
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardi an_lion\guardian_lion_normal.tga
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian _lion\guardian_lion_normal.vtf
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardi an_lion\guardian_lion_mask1.tga
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian _lion\guardian_lion_mask1.vtf
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardi an_lion\guardian_lion_mask2.tga
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian _lion\guardian_lion_mask2.vtf
    Compiling VMT: materials\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian _lion\guardian_lion.vmt
    CTargetVMT::Compile OK! - materials\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian _lion\guardian_lion.vmt
    Compiling DMX: models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian_lion\guar dian_lion.dmx
    Compiling DMX: models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian_lion\guar dian_lion_anim_spawn.dmx
    Compiling DMX: models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian_lion\guar dian_lion_anim_idle.dmx
    Compiling DMX: models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian_lion\guar dian_lion_anim_run.dmx
    Compiling DMX: models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian_lion\guar dian_lion_anim_die.dmx
    Compiling QC: models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian_lion\guar dian_lion.qc
    Geometry file "D:\WorkshopTest\box.FBX" contains no polygon data.
    - Make sure you've included mesh geometry in your export from your 3D package.
    Compiling MDL: models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian_lion\guar dian_lion.mdl
    CTargetMDL::Compile Failed - d:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\models\items\courier\0x05248abb\guardian _lion\guardian_lion.mdl

for him, and just crashes to desktop for me.

Basic Member
    This is happening to me too, Yesterday everything was working fine, and today I finished my set and tried to upload it, but the game it's bugged and don't display the materials,

Basic Member
    A few things have happened to the importer for me after the recent patch:

1. Imported assets becomes invisible.
    2. Imported assets flicker without displaying any texture/normal information.
    3. Imported assets flicker with broken faces.

I managed to capture item #2 in action for now.

Last edited by carsonsky; 01-11-2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Added video

I'm getting an even worse bug - a total crash of DOTA2, back to the Steam client after I try to import any items

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carsonsky View Post
    A few things have happened to the importer for me after the recent patch:

1. Imported assets becomes invisible.
    2. Imported assets flicker without displaying any texture/normal information.
    3. Imported assets flicker with broken faces.

I managed to capture item #2 in action for now.

Yeah Exactly what is happening to me.. and just few more days until the end of the contest.. well.. HELP HERE

Basic Member
    Is there any way we can follow the progress on fixing this bug? Has Valve posted anything official regarding this? This forum seems to be the only place mentioning it at all.