Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam decides to freeze my account with my inventory worth around 2500 keys, is there

I get the feeling that when registering on Steam, you have to agree that all invested money in inventory items are subject to change and that Valve staff can apply any infraction as they see fit. We'd just need to make such cases as visible and known as possible to discourage dickhead behaviour in general.
    Check my My Steam profile for trade interests, etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Avidity View Post
    He can, according to subscriber agreement.
    Thats the problem in the first place. That he has the right to go around freezing accounts anyone who pisses him off just because he's special.

I understand freezing his account if he's a scammer or a hacker stealing credit cards. But for feeding in a match?

Either they start freezing the accounts of everyone who feeds in a match or they unfreeze his account and give him the right low priority punishment that every single player gets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bfagg0t View Post
    Thats the problem in the first place. That he has the right to go around freezing accounts anyone who pisses him off just because he's special.

I understand freezing his account if he's a scammer or a hacker stealing credit cards. But for feeding in a match?

Either they start freezing the accounts of everyone who feeds in a match or they unfreeze his account and give him the right low priority punishment that every single player gets
    That's not the problem. OP was asking for trouble, he made some Valve employ extremely angry without realizing who's his dealing with.
    Insulting authority is going to land you a harsher punishment. What we believe is somewhat irrelevant right now, the outcome mainly depends on OP and what lengths he's willing to go to get his account back.

There is always a chance of getting the hardest penalty for going against the rules, his case was extremely unlucky.
    Last edited by Avidity; 01-14-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Avidity View Post
    That's not the problem. OP was asking for trouble, he made some Valve employ extremely angry without realizing who's his dealing with.
    Insulting authority is going to land you a harsher punishment. What we believe is somewhat irrelevant right now, the outcome mainly depends on OP and what lengths he's willing to go.

There is always a chance of getting the hardest penalty for going against the rules, his case was extremely unlucky.
    well this is proportionate to getting death penalty just for pissing off a judge. maybe one day you will happen to get into a regular dota argument with someone who happens to be a valve employee who had a shitty day and he will freeze your account because he can

[...] Either they start freezing the accounts of everyone who feeds in a match or they unfreeze his account and give him the right low priority punishment that every single player gets
    Or else what?

So many people pretend to be in a position to give Valve an ultimatum. I don't know where they get this feeling of having any authority. Each and every one of us is the registered user of their network and services - it is their network and services. If they decide to delete all our stuff, remove games, or even shut down everything tomorrow, none of us can do anything about it. This is how it works and this is how it should work. If I were an employee at Valve, and I provided service to people, I would be infuriated if they tried to tell me what to do. And so should you.
    Check my My Steam profile for trade interests, etc.

Banned
    well this is proportionate to getting death penalty just for pissing off a judge. maybe one day you will happen to get into a regular dota argument with someone who happens to be a valve employee who had a shitty day and he will freeze your account because he can
    Not the best analogy, but that's how it works.

I've been to court way too many times for my age.

Basic Member
    The thing is, if we take the other examples into account, the employees warned the guy to stop beforehand.

So this isn't death penalty for 'only' pissing off a judge, it's death penalty for constantly refusing to settle down after a judge order him to and proceed to act worse.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

More details?
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    The thing is, if we take the other examples into account, the employees warned the guy to stop beforehand.

So this isn't death penalty for 'only' pissing off a judge, it's death penalty for constantly refusing to settle down after a judge order him to and proceed to act worse.
    Then the judge should put him in custody AKA LPQ or timed ban or something. Not shoot him cold blood.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLJaDe View Post
    Then the judge should put him in custody AKA LPQ or timed ban or something. Not shoot him cold blood.
    Well, you don't know what his 'act worse' include, maybe along the way he also dare the judge to give him excution penalty, and admit that he killed a little kid some time ago, etc etc.

Point is, we don't know what went down, so we're not fit to be the one to decide (which is also why punishment from reports are not as severed, because valve employee wasn't in that game so they can't give too excessive punishment)

It is kinda ironic though, we get threads on "can we just permaban these people" with feeders all the time, then when Valve employee does perma ban one there's a new crowd calling power abuse.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.