Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't leave guild; seems to be a bug

Basic Member

Can't leave guild; seems to be a bug

I was invited to join a guild, joined, and would now like to leave it. Though the guild shows up on my guild list, the icon (which is blank, as no picture was selected), cannot be clicked in order to access the guild. To troubleshoot, I created a test guild, also with no icon, and attempted to leave it, without success. Now I am a member of four guilds: two that I like, the one that I want to leave, and the "temporary" one I created, in that order. I can't click on the (blank) icons for the third and fourth guilds in order to select the "Leave Guild" option, though I can get to this option for the two guilds I don't want to leave. I get the same behavior in both the OS X client and the Windows client.

There is a poster in a recent thread (http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=109694) who appears to be having the same problem, but since that thread is not about this problem, I'm making a new thread.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround/fix?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by sue donym; 01-20-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: fixed link

Basic Member
    Addendum: "cannot be clicked" means that when I click on the "icon" (blank rectangle), I do not receive any visual feedback indicating that I have pressed a button, nor any other UI response.

Basic Member
    I have the same problem, I can't select a guild that doesn't have an avatar.

Basic Member
    Issue
    Cannot leave any guild that does not have its avatar, even if guild owner.

To reproduce
    Create a guild. Witouth an avatar, be careful you won't be able to leave until the bug is fixed.

Expected Result
    The opening of the guild page, with the option to leave guild at the bottom.

Actual result
    No reaction on the GUI whatsoever.

Basic Member
    Yup, can confirm, this bug is rather annoying. Guild without an avatar cannot be clicked.

once you are in , you never go out

Basic Member
    i have the exact same problem, cant select guild who dont have avatar. Is there a workaround for this bug? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, same problem here. Please can we make the Guild Name link to the Guild Overview page also? Or make a console command to access Guild Slot #1/#2 etc.

Basic Member
    +1 also experiencing this bug. Anybody know of a workaround in the meantime?

Basic Member
    same problem i have plz fix this