122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good idea

79 64.75%
  • Bad idea

43 35.25%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mode: All Ban

New Mode: All Ban

So, I've been trying to figure out a way to make All-Pick more bearable. Currently, there are a lot of "pubstomp" heroes that get insta-picked (DP, Earth Spirit to name a couple), and it's simply not fun to play against a 5 stack in a solo ranked game. Obviously, the detractors are going to say, "Well, don't play all pick" or "Play a five man" or some other nonsensical retort. With arguments like that, you may as well say, "Well, don't play the game then." Truth is, there are ways to address this, and I think I may have found one.

"All-Ban"

The premise behind it is simple: At the start of the draft, each player gets ONE ban. Everyone bans at the same time, so it's not turn based or anything like that. This phase of the draft will last approximately 25-30 seconds. The ban phase is like any other mode's: Use your ban or lose your ban. After the 25-30 seconds, All Pick mode is put into effect, and every player can choose from the remaining heroes in the pool. This would last an additional 25-30 seconds. So, in the end, it's the exact same draft time as All-Pick, but with two different phases.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Superharlemshake; 01-16-2014 at 09:45 PM.

This kind of a mode was already proposed many times under different names. I`m fine with it.
    Remember, remember the 1st of November

25 sec is too few... I need to know what the enemy bans so I can ban his future pick.
    As said before, about this game mode: Everyone will ban their counter hero.
    What you describe is Captain's Mode in a way...So try Captain's Mode?
    Tried Captain's Draft and picking Captain(spamming button first)?
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

Been proposed 10000 times and i agree

Don't think it gonna happen anytime soon.

Since this comes up quit often, i added this thread into the Common Suggestions List
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by vladn View Post
    25 sec is too few... I need to know what the enemy bans so I can ban his future pick.
    As said before, about this game mode: Everyone will ban their counter hero.
    What you describe is Captain's Mode in a way...So try Captain's Mode?
    Tried Captain's Draft and picking Captain(spamming button first)?
    ... Don't think you read ANY of my post, but that's okay. Most people on the internet don't read before they flame.

First, 25 seconds is plenty. This isn't meant to be a CAPTAIN'S MODE. It's not meant to spam to get Captain button and hope you get it so you can ban the picks you want to ban. It's simply meant to be an alternative to All Pick, nothing more.

Second, there are over 100 heroes in this game... you can't ban every "counter hero," as you so oddly put it.

Finally, calling something "Captain's mode in a way" is silly because THERE IS NO CAPTAIN. That's the point of it. You can do what you personally feel is necessary. It's meant for pubbers, not for five stacks / semi stacks.

Try not being against something just for the sake of being against something next time you respond.
    Last edited by Superharlemshake; 01-17-2014 at 04:00 AM.

It's a solid plan to make pub games more fun. @jupiter - other game modes, except captain's mode are often very unbalanced. AR, SD, RD etc all have inherent flaws. In AR it often happens that one team gets loaded with 5 supports and the other gets a more balanced lineup - games like that are essentially lost from the start. SD is a bit better but often still leads to very weird team compositions. And in random draft, all the good heroes get grabbed first and those who pick late are forced into support roles or to play the "less powerful" heroes that remain.
    Being able to remove heroes from AP that the players in that particular skill pool feel they do not want to face will almost certainly produce more balanced and more enjoyable matches.
    "Better to run, than curse the road." - Clinkz, The Bone Fletcher.

Does anyone else think that Icefrog didn't make this update?

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
    If you play AP, you are a moron. /thread
    Stupid post. There are only three modes available in ranked, and not everyone has time to play Captain's Mode, and Captain's Draft is WAY too random and first pick is WAY too powerful.

Try harder with your flames, please.

Quote Originally Posted by handsonic View Post
    Been proposed 10000 times and i agree
    Funny, you'd think Valve would listen to an idea that comes up a billion times.... maybe there's some credibility / logic / feasibility to it? *shrug*