Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Hard Plagiarism

Quote Originally Posted by Concede View Post
    my two cents is this is different enough not to be a copyright issue, but valve may choose to play it safe.
    last time i heard that was with voids timebringer (or whatever it was spelled)
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Banned
    Timebreaker.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post
    As I said, OP can just contact the card's artist directly and ask about it.
    Except that artist shouldn't own this card design. "Shouldn't" because that company isn't new on a market.

Here is the thing about many cases like this: artist is not donating his artwork to a Wizards of The Coast, so they include it in MTG cards. Artist is selling his artwork. For money. It may be a salary, it may be a limited deal, but money are involved in it, and after job is done, artwork becomes a part of card design, which is protected by company who ordered this artwork and made a payment for it. If this company is anything like WOTC (and they should be, 7 years on a market as someone claimed) - they own that artwork and exclusive rights to use it for selling merchandise, unless otherwise specified. Then again, it's not like this is complete clone (artwork and 3d model based off artwork), but...

This is a tricky case. Same as a story of Timebreaker was, and Valve decided to just set everything without hurting anyone. They may aswell take safe path again, it certainly made an item with interesting history and a lesson to better police workshop submissions.