Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DOTA 2 guides will not save

Basic Member

Angry DOTA 2 guides will not save

Hi there I am trying to make my own guides in DOTA 2 and every single time I try to save a completed guide I get "Unable to save hero build, please try again shortly". No matter how long I wait or what method I used to make the guide (either on the website for DOTA 2 or in client) it will not save. Is there something I am missing or is this a common thing?

Does anyone know a way to fix this? It is totally irritating the hell out of me and I need to be able to make and use my own builds as I find the generic ones aren't that great.

This is new, it must have broken over the weekend or this week - I can't save anything either. I even erased all my ancient builds (ye olde scratch builds before ability builds were possible) to make room and make sure they did not interfere.

Issue
    Player-made guides will not save.

Reproduction
    1. Start Dota 2.
    2. Open Learn main tab.
    3. Open Builds sub tab.
    4. Open a saved build OR Create a new build.
    5. Attempt to save build.

Result
    Dota 2 error message, "Error Unable to save hero build, please try again shortly. [Ok]". (should be *OK btw)

Troubleshooting attempted
    x Erase ancient, pre-guide builds. -NOT EFFECTIVE-
    x Start match, pick saved or default build, make changes so it becomes an in-game Scratch Build, attempt to modify. -PARTIAL SUCCESS, Scratch Build saves but you cannot modify it-

It might be a Steam Cloud and Dota 2 Build Guide sync issue, as I think the Scratch Builds get saved locally and then synchronised (if possible).

Btw this is probably in the wrong subforum, so it may not get picked up.
    Last edited by Gankhis Khan; 07-03-2013 at 04:11 AM.
    - Intel i5-3570K - G.Skill DDR3U 1600/8GB - MSI 650 Ti - Crucial MX100 256 GB - Win7 64b - 100M/10m fibre -

Basic Member
    I've reposted it with your post in quotations to the bugs forum (performance & technical support) hopefully it will get picked up there. I'd really like to see this issue accelerated up to higher powers as it is a very important part of the DOTA 2 scene. TY for your info and nice formatting with your post

Thanks and no problem, I'd definitely like a fix as well, as I tweak my builds almost weekly.
    - Intel i5-3570K - G.Skill DDR3U 1600/8GB - MSI 650 Ti - Crucial MX100 256 GB - Win7 64b - 100M/10m fibre -

Basic Member
    Same Problem here, this needs a fix.

Basic Member
    Also having this issue, I can view and use builds made previously, but cannot edit or save new and old builds.

Really needs a fix

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
    Also having this issue, I can view and use builds made previously, but cannot edit or save new and old builds.
    I have the same problem. This need a fix. Thank you

Basic Member
    Same issue, and in a thread on the steam forums there are a large amount of others having this issue. This is extremely frustrating please fix it fast.

So fucking frustrating... Fix please I have to edit some of my builds, modify them due to new patch.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.