Thread: Buying single items and Item parts of a set in dota² store are removed?

Angry Buying single items and Item parts of a set in dota² store are removed?

hi guys
    i got a serious problem with the latest patch, cant believe iam the only one noticed that..
    so before the patch some days ago i could easily buy single items and item parts of sets in the dota² store by just clicking on the equipment tab and browse/search single items and sort it for every heroe, or click on a set (except the new ones) then choose a single item part of this set click it and a new windows opens up of this itempart where it shows the regular item price, the look and the most important thing a button that shows how much its costs to buy from the steam market with a direct link to this item in the market, with a simple click i could buy that item for a couple of cents from the steam market instead of this overpriced valve prices.

NOW this function seems completly removed, i cant search for single items in the store anymore, the store now only let me searching for sets not for single items, the equipment tab where u before could searching for single items is removed.
    And when i click on a set i CANT click on a single item from that set anymore, nothing happens !!! normaly it should open a new window with that item details, regular price, steam market price etc...
    so iam unable to watch how that single part looks on my hero, i cant buy single items from steam store, and i cant see how much this item costs in steam market...
    and i cant search this item manualy on the steam market bec it dont shows me the name of a single items in the steam store anymore, so i need to go to 3td party websites, search that set, find out the name of that special item then go to steam market and search again...
    pls valve make it more complicated... so why valve does this? is this a bug? is this intentionally done by valve to prevent people to buying single items a much cheaper from market then from its overpriced shop??
    Last edited by Aod_Knight; 01-19-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aod_Knight View Post
    is this intentionally done by valve to prevent people to buying single items a much cheaper from market then from its overpriced shitty shop??
    I think they're trying to force players to buy entire sets. If you wait until the set is released to the market, you can still get the individual items. I'm not sure what effect this has on the economy. In previous patches, I noticed you couldn't buy individual items from new sets, but I didn't take notice if you could still buy individual items from their store. I suppose you could. But I'm always looking around for the hero additions or bug fixes.

I had to buy the entire Anti-Mage set by Kunkka for example just so I could get a loading screen that wasn't all eye-drying red. That's ridiculous and unfair, Valve. I got rid of the Anti-Mage set via trade. All I wanted was a loading screen that wouldn't hurt my eyes.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 01-19-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

iam not talking about the new sets, i completly understand that is necessary to prevent buying individual items from new sets (otherwise noone would buy them),
    i was just talking about the old sets, where u could easily buy individual items from sets over the ingame dota² store by clicking on that item in the set screen + easily check the price of that item in that steam market button, now its still possible to get the same items from steam market but its complicated like hell. before it took me 10sec now i need 3 min for 1 item to find out his name, searching on steam market and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aod_Knight View Post
    iam not talking about the new sets, i completly understand that is necessary to prevent buying individual items from new sets (otherwise noone would buy them),
    i was just talking about the old sets, where u could easily buy individual items from sets over the ingame dota² store by clicking on that item in the set screen + easily check the price of that item in that steam market button, now its still possible to get the same items from steam market but its complicated like hell. before it took me 10sec now i need 3 min for 1 item to find out his name, searching on steam market and so on.
    It's a good change imo. Keeps you from wasting money. Individual items are SO MUCH CHEAPER on the market.

Yeah I saw this too and was shocked. And I also noticed that, for example, the Mirana set was $14.99 before and now it's $4.99... I suppose this is sort of good but not really. I used the store to find out how much each piece really costs before I buy it in the Steam Market, but now it's harder :\