Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Moment of courage interactions with criticals

Basic Member

[Fixed] Moment of courage interactions with criticals

I'm not sure if this is intended or not,but moment of courage does not trigger criticals nor battlefurry.

Repro:
    1) Get 5 crystalis (or 1 battlefurry) and level at least once moment of courage
    2) Activate moment of courage (on creeps/heroes etc).

Result:
    The moment of courage attack does not proc criticals.It also doesn't proc battlefurry.

Expected:
    Since it is literally an extra attack it should proc criticals and cleave (from what I recall in dota 1).

I didn't have time to test orb effects,basher and diffusual so it would be really nice if someone could comfirm these interactions in dota 1 compared to dota 2.
    Last edited by Kasad; 01-21-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Basic Member
    Were you dueling by any chance?
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    No,I used duel after I tested criticals/battlefurry

Basic Member
    Crit/cleave does work on MoC attacks in WC3 dota, it's a normal attack (unless LC is dueling, of course). In dota2 a MoC proc isn't even a fully functional attack so some modifiers are disabled for it, which is wrong. With changing how MoC works could at least let modifiers work.

Can't believe this hasn't been brought up before. There even was a thread in critical bugs on LC release that didn't make it here.
    Last edited by Caleb; 01-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Crit/cleave does work on MoC attacks in WC3 dota, it's a normal attack (unless LC is dueling, of course). In dota2 a MoC proc isn't even a fully functional attack so some modifiers are disabled for it, which is wrong. With changing how MoC works could at least let modifiers work.
    Iirc in dota 1 the passive was giving LC 400% IAS.Also I noticed in dota 2 moment of courage gives LC an extra attack similar to weaver's passive ,which means it did not interrupt the next attacks at all (unlike wc3 dota ).

Yeah,it's a pretty horrible bug though.

Basic Member
    I also tested maelstrom/diffusual and from what I've seen they didn't work either.
    Last edited by Kasad; 01-22-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Basic Member
    At the very least, the current Moment of Courage implementation is not (completely) like Geminate Attack. It does shift your attack cycle; this is noticable via Combat Log.

Basic Member
    What is the reason this thread is still uncomfirmed?

Banned
    Buny said he's busy.

Basic Member
    Hope this will get fixed.