Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems downloading Nexon Dota 2

Basic Member

Problems downloading Nexon Dota 2

Hi,

I'm playing Dota 2 through steam and recently I made a Nexon account and downloaded the Dota 2 installer but I have problem installing using the installer. I learnt that I owned Dota 2 so I couldn't install Dota 2 again through the installer. So how can I link my Steam and Nexon account together? Can someone teach me ? Need some help here!

Nexon's Dota 2 essentially the same software as Steam's Dota 2, so you'll need to be careful about where (folder allocation) you install.

If you already have Steam's Dota 2, you don't need to download Nexon's. Just right click on Dota 2 on the list of games on Steam, then 'Properties', then 'Set launch options', and type in '-nexon'.

When you launch with that setting, the first time you open it, you'll need to link your Nexon account to Steam.

Basic Member
    I tried to link with my account but I couldn't. what is the problem im having ?

Basic Member
    If ur a foreigner you cannot play on the korean servers - cause you either need a KOREAN ID card or a korean phone number.
    Last edited by illusiveman; 01-24-2014 at 03:10 AM.

I'm pretty sure auxion3 has both accounts already.

Do you get some kind of message when you type in the Nexon ID in-game? Can you post a picture?

Have you verified your Nexon account already? This requires an i-Pin or some other government issued certificate (kind of like the banking certificate, if you know what I'm talking about).

Korean Moderator
    If you have been using Steam Launcher to play DOTA 2, you don't have to install Korean Launcher.
    (they are basically same launcher with same program based)

Just Login Steam launcher with your Steam ID and Password and go to 'Library' when the popup menu comes up on the screen

then find Dota 2 at the left side of game menu, and click it with right mouse button and run 'properties' menu

Find 'Set Launch Option' menu and
    simply putting '-nexon' in the blank. (in this way you can play Dota 2 in Korean version with your Steam launcher without installing another Launcher for DOTA 2)

Now start the game and you will be able to see the new warning messages in Korean showing up on the screen
    (which means you are successfully logged in with Korean Dota 2 server)

check the image file attached for reference

link.png
    Last edited by illusiveman; 01-24-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Korean Moderator
    and be sure to know that installing Korean Dota 2 launcher could cause problems while running steam launcher at same time.
    Last edited by illusiveman; 01-24-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Korean Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer View Post
    If ur a foreigner you cannot play on the korean servers - cause you either need a KOREAN ID card or a korean phone number.

Well,
    If he has 'the certificate of alien registration', there shouldn't be any problems to authenticate identity process.

The only problem is Language.

English and other languages are not available for the page Nexon provides, which means
    it is best to get help from any Korean friends around for translation, unless he could speak and read Korean

This is the page for Nexon membership join

https://member.nexon.com/join/join.aspx

Basic Member
    I have the account without the ipin, i guess i need a phone number in korea.
    Thanks for replying me

Basic Member
    how do i change it back to the north america if i changed it to korea?