Thread: Shop Text Search, Keybinds, and You

Basic Member

Shop Text Search, Keybinds, and You

Oh god just close, please close.

So the basic issue I have here is that while searching for items, many important hotkeys no longer function. Obviously, this is because the game thinks that when I spam ".", that I am looking for the punctuation item, but unfortunately this is never the case. I want to close the shop. I want to focus my hero, or some other control group. Hell, maybe I just want to select the courier. It doesn't matter though, because I have that infernal and extraordinarily persistent Search bar focused, and nothing I do will deny it the letters it hungers for.

So please change this. I will never ever need to type "." or any numbers into the Search bar. Obviously no items have any non alpha characters in their names (except maybe Dagon/Necrobook) so please have the Search bar ignore these inputs, and more importantly, have the game act on these inputs as it would if the shop was not open.

Basic Member
    +1 this happens to me a lot. i use space to select and follow my hero, i type lots of empty spaces into that search bar.

Press ESC.
    it works wonders.
    (:

Basic Member
    You actually have to press escape twice, which is why it's causing me problems as well

Basic Member
    right.. escape once to close the search and another time to close the shop. or hit esc + your shop hotkey

Basic Member
    +1
    And auto-clear the search bar once searching is done.

Basic Member
    this search feature will compete google
    how to search for www.dota2.com
    if no dot or number are used.

lol i am joking
    +1
    I really need to close my shop without two time esc
    we are not on omegle.