Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Slark's Shadow Dance causes him to lose his attack target

Banned

[Fixed] Slark's Shadow Dance causes him to lose his attack target

Repro steps:

1. Pick Slark, auto attack an enemy unit
    2. Use Shadow Dance while attacking

Result: Slark stops attacking the target and starts again once Shadow Dance is over.
    Expected result: Slark should keep his target

Spoiler: 

Banned
    Bump?

I believe it has always been like this(in Dota 2 only). What I would like fixed is that Aegis bug. Then he wouldn't lose his Essence Shift stacks at a time he wouldn't in the old game.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 11-18-2014 at 09:43 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Banned
    It doesn't matter if it's been like this since the hero was made, it's a bug.

Actually, I think I know what you mean. At first I thought you are referring to him attacking the wrong target, that is normal. But it seems with some recent patch, probably 6.79, he will now not attack at all after activating Shadow Dance. Of course, you can override it, but you shouldn't have to. I believe this is some sort of new bug related to the changes to the ultimate, or maybe I'm wrong and it was always like this? I'm not sure. It tends to only bother me when there's only one possible target or all the targets are heroes and I don't care which I attack. If there are multiple heroes to target and I want to attack a certain one, then this bug doesn't really affect me. It is annoying, but not as disruptive to his play as the Aegis not working properly.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 01-23-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Banned
    Yes, that's what I mean. And I'm almost sure it used to happen before the 6.79

I might've been confusing his attacking wrong target with pounce with his attacking wrong target with his ultimate and simply forgot about this bug and it has been around the whole time. Hard to tell for sure. He has had so many bugs since he was first made, it's odd how slow they are at fixing them. At one point I had identified 12 bugs on my own but I started forgetting about them and just started adapting.

well, dota has always been less about fixes and more about adapting to existing problems. Unless the organizers of a pro event say otherwise, all exploits are viable for use in games. This includes fountain hooks, tornado farming, creep cogging and many other problems that have been identified as bugs but are frequently used in pro games. It makes sense, too. We use what we can.

On the other hand Slark not autoattacking during Shadow Dance is strange. It's like the opposite of the auto-attack on power use/action bug. In that way it's even good, say, when you're trying to escape and go shadow dance. In that case auto attacking someone behind you would mean turning and could ultimately prove to be fatal.

I guess this is more about the continuation of the current attack when shadow dance is activated.
    I am sorry your free product doesn't work as expected.

Basic Member
    Ye this bug is really annoying. Was the bug fixed where slark wouldnt autoattack the target he pounced btw? this one annoying too

and the aegis bug coupled with the pounce bug (some things still break it although they shouldnt) really influence his gameplay.
    You have aegis you lose ur 30 stacks of essence shift and then its gg, lost due to bugs. Love it when dat happens.

Banned
    It's a bug. When units get invisible in Dota 2 they won't auto attack (to prevent breaking the invisibility). They need to make an exception for this spell as it doesn't break invisibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    On the other hand Slark not autoattacking during Shadow Dance is strange. It's like the opposite of the auto-attack on power use/action bug.
    It's not so strange when you know what's going on ^_~