Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't reach settings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Post Can't reach settings

Hello, the first time I play the game, strange things happened. The Valve logo didn't appear, and the blog, and heroes list were red. DOTA 2 took relatively long time to load. The next few times I load the game, game loaded faster with the Valve logo, and everything was fine.
    I remeber changing some OS network settings, and updating few packages, then after I had loaded the game, the setting button, which's at the top left of the screen, had been disabled, like the button, which's at the same place, appearing during matches. When I place the cursor on the button, the button's background turns to red.
    I deleted the game contents, then downloaded it, but the problem's still exist.
    System:
    Graphics: Switchable (AMD + Intel). Driver: fglrx.
    Processor: Intel Corei5.
    Last edited by Sherif9; 01-29-2014 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Correct a mistake

Basic Member
    Any information I can provide?

Basic Member
    Is this thread forgotten?

Basic Member
    If your thread have views but no response, that means no one knows the correct troubleshooting to give you.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olamon View Post
    If your thread have views but no response, that means no one knows the correct troubleshooting to give you.
    Thanks.

Basic Member

Unhappy Strange

Hi, I reinstalled OpenSUSE, fglrx (x64 proprietary driver), Steam, and DOTA 2. Then:
    The first time I load the game: It loaded in fullscreen, then I couldn't reach settings.
    The second time: I restarted, then openned the game. It loaded in borderless window, at which game window's not shown completely due to KDE's app Task Manager. I could reach settings.
    I'm afraid if I change it to fullscreen I won't be able to reach settings. It seems that this problem is in OpenSUSE only. Would it be safe?
    Note: I installed fglrx from OpenSUSE website.
    Last edited by Sherif9; 02-19-2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: I forgot to add a question.

Basic Member
    I noticed after starting matches, the button, which takes place of the settings button in matches, is disabled like the settings button.

Basic Member
    reminds me of #817. Are you using kde's hot corners ? try disabling them to check.

Basic Member
    Other buttons at the top of screen works fine, and the cursor theme doesn't change.

Basic Member
    I noticed something important. During choosing hero, and matches, when I place cursor on the top left button only, the cursor theme turns to OpenSUSE's cursor theme.
    Last edited by Sherif9; 02-21-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Improving text