Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ESC Key Issues

Basic Member

Question ESC Key Issues

I constantly use my esc key to close the shop window quickly and to cancel targeting for a skill; however, with the new update that happened when the game opens in fullscreen it moves to another screen and by pressing the esc key it minimizes the game and returns it to your desktop. This is extremely annoying and I don't know how to change it back to the way it was before. It's such an impact that if I can't get it solved I have to quit Dota 2. I can't play without the esc key I use it to often...

Basic Member
    I am also having this Issue. I am running DOTA2 on a MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks.
    Please fix this! It's incredibly annoying, and I can't play anymore!

Basic Member
    The game is pretty much unplayable because of this... Really really really annoying

OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks.
    Macbook Pro Retina 15 inch late 2013

Basic Member
    I have this issue as well. It's acting as though the dota 2 application is in a windowed fullscreen, then enlarged into a new window. You can cntrl+TAB to remake it fullscreen, but that makes you AFK in game for awhile which is more than slightly irritating.

Basic Member
    I don't think the bug is always there. I have played 3 games since the update and got the bug with game 1 and 3. Game 2 was 100% fine ( I quit before each game). And just now, I tried with lobby and playing with bot and no matter how many times I press ESC, nothing happened. Weird.
    Or did they fix it?

Basic Member
    They made some sort of minor fix:
    it seems that as long as you don't Command-Tab out of the client and back to desktop, then pressing ESC will not switch to windowed mode.
    But once you have Command-tabbed once, pressing ESC will switch to windowed mode.

Basic Member
    Oh yea, now that's still pretty annoying...

Basic Member
    yeah I literally was going to make a new thread about this. Can someone please figure something out, or fix this please. -_-

I have to register to comment in this thread!!!!! It is really annoying!

Basic Member
    Hi, guys.

I've succesfully find how to reproduce this bug. Try watch a live game, click ground, press esc (haven't succeed on real game, but it happens at some point while I was pressing esc); voila, your dota 2 window is windowed while it thinks it's fullscreen; which makes what your pointing aren't matches to where your cursor is, and this thing makes it harder to reverse it state to fullscreen (by changing to anoter window settings and back to fullscreen).