Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Confimed]Silencer steals Intellect without having any Silencer spell

After playing a few games, I've found that this mode is bullshit. Onesided no-fun stomps all around.
    You just described normal game mode..

Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    It's not really any different than Nightstalker's innate night vision, Visage's lower than normal magic resistance, many heroes higher base HP regen, etc. Just things the heroes have that make them slightly better (or in Visage's case, worse) than others.
    It's very different. Those are simple number changes; this is an entire passive skill given for free. I don't think it makes him overpowered, but it's not the same thing at all.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Every hero has different stats, stats gain, damage ranges, min-max damage, magic resistance, armor and ms.But out of more than 100 heroes, only 3 heroes have innate abilities. Does that sound fair?
    Considering the heroes with innate abilities generally have average stats and stat gain and rely on their normal skills it is completely fair. If you have a hero with massive stat gain with certain skills it is far stronger than a single innate ability.

Also very few heroes have different magic resistance. Only heroes that have different magic resistance not counting skills are meepo and visage. Since there are only 2 heroes with that is it fair?

Not many heroes have their primary stat gain over 3 per level. Only two have their primary stat gain 4 per level. Is that fair?

I don't get why this is marked as confirmed since its not a bug. Having innate intel steal is part of silencer as much as having 3.8 str gain is part of centaur, or 4.2 agi gain is part of phantom lancer.

Basic Member
    I kinda like this bug. With int steal, Silencer can go with builds like leshrac ultimate, or any other hard mana consumers (mystic flare, witch doctor heal, panda storm thing, and such?) I think it is awsome that it doesnt have to be tied to glaives.

On the other hand, silencer already start with high intelelgence and has crazy stat gain that surpasses most of the heroes i know (3 agi?? o.O)

edit: its not like I like that it is for silencer but i like that such build is possible withought having to have glaive itself.
    --------------------------------------------------

another edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Every hero has different stats, stats gain, damage ranges, min-max damage, magic resistance, armor and ms.But out of more than 100 heroes, only 3 heroes have innate abilities. Does that sound fair?
    What 3 heroes? silencer and who?face for chrono? and?
    Last edited by Dota2Critic; 11-26-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Nightstalker's aghs night vision is bound to him. It's innate, requires scepter to work.

4, if you count Earth Spirit, but he isn't relevant here at this time.
    Please, just call me buny.

Innate abilities should remain with the hero in ability draft. The difference between Centaur's and Alchemist's stat gain makes a much bigger difference than Silencer with/without his int steal. Some heroes have broken skills, like ember spirit and batrider, so to balance them they have very poor stat gains. On the flipside, heroes that have skills with not as much impact, like silencer and treant, have very good stat gains to compensate, so that they don't need as many items. IMO stat gains are just as "innate" to the heroes as the passive skills.

tl;dr This is not a bug.
    Last edited by MrVolvozela; 11-30-2014 at 08:42 PM.