Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Frost Arrows giving range to melee

Basic Member

Post Frost Arrows giving range to melee

Working as intended or bugged as fuck?

Im fairly sure this is intended, and it works with pretty much all orb attacks as well.
    (Searing arrows, impetus, Etc...)

Because they added the range of orb effect in a different code (For Viper the normal attack range is 575 and his orb is 600 range) so i'm not surprised if orb effects add range
    My English is not great and i know it

I'd like to bump this, because I don't think it's intentional.
    >Click< here to make a clicking sound.

Basic Member
    I personally hope they don't remove this even if it is unintended; I think it's a fun part of this game mode.

Basic Member
    I personally don't see a need to remove this either.
    Heroes are re-defined in AD anyhow, yes giving a ranged attack to AM in normal would be absurd, but giving it to a re-defined AM? Not really so.

Not to mention it still has loads of drawbacks, you can't deny with it, you can't attack towers with it (Unless it's Searing Arrows) and many don't allow casting on magic-immune either.

It adds a fun little twist in my opinion, though due to how odd the interaction is I wouldn't blame Valve for removing it.

It's so bizarre that I doubt Valve intended it. It does really give a huge buff to melee in lane. Last hitting is the easiest it will ever be, because the projectile is instant (actually instant, unlike Sniper). I think it should be fixed just because it changes the entire range vs melee dynamic too much.

Basic Member
    lol Warpath+Fiery Soul+Sticky Napalm+Aftershock does that too, trust me, but are you going to prohibit that too?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy350 View Post
    Im fairly sure this is intended, and it works with pretty much all orb attacks as well.
    (Searing arrows, impetus, Etc...)
    Wrong.
    Impetus does not give ranged attack to melee heroes. Personally tested and messed my build. Do not claim wrong infos unless you are sure about it.

Basic Member
    You tested it wrong so kindly don't claim wrong infos kthxbye. You have to manually cast them then they do give attack range.