Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Frost Arrows giving range to melee

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    You tested it wrong so kindly don't claim wrong infos kthxbye. You have to manually cast them then they do give attack range.
    Having to cast manually is another major bug having said, what I speak here auto-triggered won't work the way it supposed to be.

Basic Member
    lul k just... why the hell did you claim it doesn't give ranged attack at all?!

Banned
    IMO, this should remain this way.

Basic Member
    It's terrible. Having a PL or Jugg right click people to death with instant range with no projectile is without a doubt broken. There are power combos then there is just this nonsense. I don't mind them hitting like bricks in melee but this is obscene.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aquis45 View Post
    It's terrible. Having a PL or Jugg right click people to death with instant range with no projectile is without a doubt broken. There are power combos then there is just this nonsense. I don't mind them hitting like bricks in melee but this is obscene.
    \

Think it was an ursa last night... had frost arrows and abbadon's passive as well. Anybody in range of him was dead.

Don't expect this mode to be balanced; there are tons of broken combos in the game ; this mode is truly for some fun (If you can have fun)
    My English is not great and i know it

Having to cast manually is another major bug having said, what I speak here auto-triggered won't work the way it supposed to be.
    Manually casting orbs has always been different from having them on auto cast, nothing broken here. You don't benefit from increased range, better animation canceling and no creep aggro when autocasting.

I think these range attacks on melee heroes are quite fun, and give some nice combos (had a PA last night with searing arrows and Sadist passive, was unbelievably strong, especially since cleave actually works with the orb attacks xd).
    However if autocast gave range I think it would be too strong so I think things should be left as they are, simply because you are now limited to how fast you can click which will always be at least slightly less efficient than autocast would be (well for me at least).

As it is though, it's a question of who gets first pick to snatch those attacks before everyone else (although I had 6th pick and no one had picked the searing arrows so goes to show some people still need to adjust to how AD works) :P

Quote Originally Posted by BrecMadak View Post
    Wrong.
    Impetus does not give ranged attack to melee heroes. Personally tested and messed my build. Do not claim wrong infos unless you are sure about it.

It does make melee heroes ranged. Already had 2 games as melee with Impetus. One on Kunkka and one on Elder Titan. It was rape. It's ranged instant-hit attacks, just like with every other active orb on melee hero.
    Please, just call me buny.

Its retarded as fuck and op like nothin else (since u cant "counter" it). Almost every game some high dmg melee picking this (esp Searing Arrows) ends in a roflstomp. And the best thing is that melee heroes get 25% bash chance even if attacking ranged. Doesnt make sense at all.