Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Witchcraft gives no movement speed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trolsopol View Post
    So i played AD today and was with death prophet eventually i decided to get chaotic offering, crypt swarm, witchcraft and fatal bonds in that order everything was ok until i started playing after i leveled witchcraft i noticed the bug. Basically i had the cooldown reduction and the mana reduction but had no movement speed bonus so i was with 280 speed without boots even with witchcraft at lvl 4. This makes DeathProphet really unplayable because she will be so easy to gank on and so slow
    Yeah generally getting a model that is balanced around having a skill that increases survivability/speed means you're at a disadvantage. For instance, weaver's model is rough without shukuchi, riki is squishi without perm invis, spirit breaker is a slow cow without empowering haste, etc.

As for the move speed bug, as Noo pointed out "it is known".

Banned
    Question, if you're Slark and you pick Sticky Napalm and Witchcraft, will the napalm's CD get reduced?

Basic Member
    Increases the potency of Death Prophet's spells, while providing a passive movement speed boost. Reduces mana costs and cooldowns of Crypt Swarm and Silence, and adds additional spirits to Exorcism.

if sticky napalm is spelled as c r y p t s w a r m or s i l e n c e, it might just work

Banned
    Necrophos isn't Death Prophet, thus Witchcraft shouldn't give him bonus MS, 10/10 logic pls mark thread as intended

Basic Member
    actually I noticed if you pick it up in the third slot for some hero's then die once you get the movement buff, but it has to be picked in the third slot

Basic Member
    I found-out tonight about this bug and that it has been known and not fixed for a long time, so I took to unpacking the VPKs (Vavle's own tool from the 2013 SDK crashes on them, btw) and looking at the script at play.
    This is taken from scripts\npc\npc_abilities.txt
    Code:
    	//=================================================================================================================
    	// Death Prophet: Witchcraft
    	//=================================================================================================================
    	"death_prophet_witchcraft"
    	{
    		// General
    		//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    		"ID"					"5092"														// unique ID number for this ability.  Do not change this once established or it will invalidate collected stats.
    		"AbilityBehavior"				"DOTA_ABILITY_BEHAVIOR_PASSIVE"

// Special
    		//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    		"AbilitySpecial"
    		{
    			"01"
    			{
    				"var_type"				"FIELD_INTEGER"
    				"bonus_movement_speed"	"5 10 15 20"
    			}			
    			"02"
    			{
    				"var_type"							"FIELD_INTEGER"
    				"carrion_swarm_mana_cost_adjust"	"-10 -15 -20 -25"
    			}
    			"03"
    			{
    				"var_type"							"FIELD_FLOAT"
    				"carrion_swarm_cooldown_adjust"		"-1.0 -2.0 -3.0 -4.0"
    			}
    			"04"
    			{
    				"silence_mana_cost_adjust"			"-10 -15 -20 -25"
    			}
    			"05"
    			{
    				"var_type"							"FIELD_FLOAT"
    				"silence_cooldown_adjust"			"-1.0 -2.0 -3.0 -4.0"
    			}
    			"06"
    			{
    				"exorcism_1_extra_spirits"			"3 4 5 6"
    			}
    			"07"
    			{
    				"exorcism_2_extra_spirits"			"3 4 5 6"
    			}
    			"08"
    			{
    				"exorcism_3_extra_spirits"			"3 4 5 6"
    			}
    		}
    	}
    First thing that differs from other abilities that modify percentages is the var_type. It probably should be FIELD_FLOAT, but that's not the real problem or we would be getting at least flat movespeed bonuses of 5,10,15 and 20. I believe the real problem lies in that carrion_swarm_mana_cost_adjust, carrion_swarm_cooldown_adjust and so on are values that are not found, so the ability's script fails to compile, rendering the ability moot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Necrophos isn't Death Prophet, thus Witchcraft shouldn't give him bonus MS, 10/10 logic pls mark thread as intended

It doesn't give the ms to dp either

Basic Member

Witchcraft bugged.

No bonus movespeed.

just noticed, thread below mine has same stuff, woops.
    Last edited by xbon; 05-10-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Basic Member
    Repo. Still not corrected.