Thread: Game crash during Ability draft

Basic Member

Game crash during Ability draft

As a mentor my screen freezes and dota crashes during the picking phase in ability draft.

Basic Member

Player Crash - Ability Draft

This normally happens during the ability draft phase (2-3 rounds in), however today I focused on keeping ram cleared, lowered settings to improve fps and ram use, and I also kept my screen in the main menu of Dota whenever it wasn't my draft, and I made it through all four skill drafts. However I ended up crashing while waiting for the game to start. Before I crash Dota freezes and I receive the spinning rainbow wheel. Then it crashes and I get the "Application Crashed" error.

I definitely do not have a gaming computer, Mac mini Mid 2011 2gb Ram, however I kept my graphics low (never crash during other modes with higher settings) and I used a ram clearer and had around 300mbs when the crash occurred the time I made it to the fourth skill draft.

Also during the ability draft phase it doesn't show disconnects.

Basic Member
    im having the same problem, every single time i play AD i crash during the picking phase, after that its fine. i have 8 gb ram on a macbook pro, so i dong think its a problem with ram

Basic Member
    I was going to make a thread about this, but I'm having an identical issue. I have consistently (as in every single game) crashed in the drafting phase of ability draft, usually after my first sometimes second pick. Very frustrating- usually end up randoming a good kit anyway. Still fix this though.

13" MBP @ 10.9.1
    2.4ghz i5-4gb DDR3

Basic Member
    I love playing AD, but i am having this crash EVERY SINGLE GAME, and in this mode only. I play in a MacBook Pro and i rarely crash, but at this mode i always crash at the same phase as others mentioned.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

Basic Member
    It is a mac issue, they wont bother fixing it..

Basic Member
    If you coach a party in an ability draft game, it works at first but once players start picking the whole game freezes. Same if you reconnect still during the draft. I assume some code on the your next pick timer isn't designed to handle not having picks yourself.