Thread: [Fixed] Windrunner's Focus Fire sticks with the old target

[Fixed] Windrunner's Focus Fire sticks with the old target

Summary:

If i get a Scepter and apply Focus Fire to a target, if i apply Focus Fire to a new target while the buff of the other one is still active it refreshes the duration on the old target and doesn't do anything on the new target, even if the old target was killed or not

You can do this since Focus Fire's cooldown with Scepter is 15 sec and it's duration is 20, you have to designate a new target on this 5 sec window while the buff is active and the skill goes off CD, it gets really annoying if you're trying to take down enemy rax in a hurry

I'm aware there was a change to make Focus Fire sticky on the target, but i don't think it's intended to even override new Focus Fire targets while the buff is active on WR

Repro:

1) Pick windrunner, level to 6, get a Scepter and spawn an enemy hero right next to an enemy tower
    2) Cast focus fire at the tower and fire
    3) Once it goes off cooldown apply focus fire to the enemy hero and fire at him

Result:

It does nothing on the new target, however it refreshes the duration of the old one.

Expected result:

Maximum attack speed on the new target.

So they don't nullify each other completely anymore? Well, it's a step to the right direction. Now the only thing left to do is to make the new cast replace the old one, instead of the old one getting refreshed.
    Please, just call me buny.

Not sure if this would work, just gonna throw this out here.

Wouldn't it be better to make Focus Fire apply a debuff on the enemies instead of a buff on Windrunner? This way recasting the skill on another target won't just refresh the buff on Windrunner which only gives full attackspeed against the previous target.
    It would work similar to Abaddon's Curse of Avernus, which grants every ally which attacks the target an ms and as boost.

So instead of

Buff on WR which grants full attackspeed
    to
    Debuff on enemy which grants WR full attack speed when attacking that unit.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    shhould it work in both or just the last target?