Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed]Sticky napalm threshold

1. Your link is broken
    2. Don't quote the wiki as it's full with wrong infos.
    Please, just call me buny.

Well what I qoute was the normal skill description
    I just used the wiki as source...

Orb of Venom isn't amplified either. And I don't get why you would quote his skill description. Does it prove me wrong? Does it tell us how exactly it was coded? If it would be like how it's written in the description, then it would only work for Batrider.

I don't wanted to prove anything. Just wanted to say what I think/know.
    And I don't understand why the skill description should only work for the Hero o.o

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by $hanks View Post
    I don't wanted to prove anything. Just wanted to say what I think/know.
    And I don't understand why the skill description should only work for the Hero o.o
    Because it specifically states "Batrider".
    Simply put, don't read skill descriptions too literally, the game is far too convoluted to expect reliable information from the skill description.

Basic Member
    Apparently Shadow Shaman's shackles behave in a similar manner to ion shell/battle hunger/other spells with low dps but high rate of application.

Anecdotally, shackles + only 2 instances of napalm were enough to drop a tanky strength hero to basically dead in the midgame, which is probably excessive even when accounting for the perceived "awesomeness" of the interaction.
    Last edited by laminat0r; 05-01-2014 at 03:31 AM.

^That's because Shackles deal damage in too small intervalls.

Oddly, Venomancer's Poison Sting passive does not trigger sticky napalm at all. Maybe it is counted the same as OoV?

Also I haven't been able to "test" it since it's difficult to do so, but some part of Broodmother's Spiderlings/Spiderites *does* trigger sticky napalm. Either their attacks or their poison, 100% positive after seeing it in a game.

Basic Member
    so now all we have to do to win AD game is pick Stick Napalm + Damage over time spell like Ion shell, SS shackle, rot, then everything is done, easy for first picker. And anyone think about bkb then have to think about how to get bkb when they can kill u in 3s. Hope u can stay in jungle long enough till bkb, and ur ancient not blow yet.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quangdn295 View Post
    so now all we have to do to win AD game is pick Stick Napalm + Damage over time spell like Ion shell, SS shackle, rot, then everything is done, easy for first picker. And anyone think about bkb then have to think about how to get bkb when they can kill u in 3s. Hope u can stay in jungle long enough till bkb, and ur ancient not blow yet.
    I've never encountered Sticky Napalm to be an issue. Generally speaking people will see your Sticky Napalm and counterpick you. I've never seen a pool with more than 3-4 things that combo even remotely well with Sticky Napalm, sometimes I've seen flat out 0.
    It should definitely be fixed because if you do get one of them it's way too strong, but I don't regard this as breaking the game right now or anything.