View Poll Results: Do you agree with me that with 6 slotted heroes we can't get max Jade reward/top 10%

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I agree, we dont have a chance to get rank X

14 93.33%
  • Not sure ... Im not very familiar with this mode.

0 0%
  • I can easily do it !

1 6.67%
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: beast mode complain thread [merged]

Update:
    They have broken more heroes as time goes by. The mode becomes less and less interesting the more heroes they break. Why not just ban the heroes from the mode instead of breaking their abilities? And you can also replace their abilities like in the Wraith Night. I thought the Wraith Night was great how it had custom abilities instead of outright breaking existing abilities. Furthermore, it banned many of the heroes instead of allowing you to pick heroes that didn't contribute much or would be deemed unfair. That was the most interesting aspect of Wraith NIght, and I"m surprised they didn't carry that feature over to this new boss battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I just got an abandonment (and low priority queue) for leaving a practice run, which is fucking infuriating. I thought I was missing something about how it worked, and after 20 minutes, I came to the conclusion that the boss was unkillable (just in this mode) and bailed. I assumed normal abandonment rules would apply only in the normal mode, since that potentially screws people out of rewards, and figured that for practice mode it wouldn't matter. Evidently it does, which is indicative of either lazy design or an oversight.

As for the Year Beast itself, only now do I get the point of the encounter, and man do I wish I had understood it prior, as I would have never even bothered trying it in the first place. To each their own I suppose, but for me, the thought of just dealing damage to an invincible mob for a half hour sounds extremely tedious and un-fun.
    No, it's valve showing they care about the time of the other four players. The game lasts 25 minutes. You basically trashed the game for 80 percent of the players just because you couldn't manage to stand another 5 minutes of the fighting.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 02-05-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Lol, i'm from Vietnamese, When the even is released, we are having Lunar New Year (Vietnam and China share this holiday)
    Absolutely I can't play this event when i'm busy with the holiday. Therefore I don't have any Ingot and Token.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin(Plus)C View Post
    Just a request to valve for next time you do a 24-hour event like this (which is pretty cool btw!) : do it on a saturday.

Given the poll the other day, most of us are over the age of 22. Which means we have work. I'm going to get a max of 2 or 3 hours tonight to do damage, making my chances of getting into the top 1% fairly minimal. If it was a saturday, or sunday, or federal holiday I would have a much better chance of getting a courier. Right now you're limiting the courier to mother's basement dwellers (who will make money from me when I want a jade horse).

Just my .02.
    exactly my thoughts
    Right now browsing forums just to see the people posting their dmg done.
    By the time I reach home, I'll only be able to give like 2-3 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by SeivousBeast View Post
    You joke, but that's kind of how it seems. And like haywirenz mentioned, it's not fun for the people that have ingots if those without try to play as well. Just kind of a disappointing format.
    You know jokes. They're sometimes half truths.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiners
    Help! <game mechanic> is ruining MUH WODOTA! Remove pls!
    Fun is always allowed. Always...

Basic Member

Impossible !

The beast is too OP and can't be dealt damage ... I dealt max 100k dmg with team full items. If you want us to NOT exploit , do a FAIR event. WK aura was something good , probably the only good thing that helped in this event. Let me buy satanic. Let me buy MOM. Let me buy heart and the event will be good.

Right now , it's really not worth it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silentgal View Post
    the points should be reverted back to nothing and restart this event.
    They should but they won't. They never were and never will be. It's just not the valve way.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AliveNoMore View Post
    They should but they won't. They never were and never will be. It's just not the valve way.
    Why revert ? I spent time on this event and I wouldn't be pleased if it would be reverted.

So... You got a booster for the event and you're complaining that people got an advantage because they were doing the event before you were. It's not Valve's fault you weren't at the event at the start. You had something to do, and that's understandable, but if you're upset because you wanted to compete with the other people doing the event, then you should have made sure you were doing the event from the very moment it started.\\It's like if I came to class late then complained that I didn't get as much learning time as the other students. The teacher would just say (well, make sure you come to class next time). Either that or to look it up online,

Basic Member
    If u deal less than 20Mhp u just suck nothing about OP

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FunAllowed View Post
    You know jokes. They're sometimes half truths.
    Yeap. And sometimes they are complete truths. Unfortunately...