View Poll Results: Do you agree with me that with 6 slotted heroes we can't get max Jade reward/top 10%

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I agree, we dont have a chance to get rank X

14 93.33%
  • Not sure ... Im not very familiar with this mode.

0 0%
  • I can easily do it !

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: beast mode complain thread [merged]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

beast mode complain thread [merged]

Just a request to valve for next time you do a 24-hour event like this (which is pretty cool btw!) : do it on a saturday.

Given the poll the other day, most of us are over the age of 22. Which means we have work. I'm going to get a max of 2 or 3 hours tonight to do damage, making my chances of getting into the top 1% fairly minimal. If it was a saturday, or sunday, or federal holiday I would have a much better chance of getting a courier. Right now you're limiting the courier to mother's basement dwellers (who will make money from me when I want a jade horse).

Just my .02.

Basic Member
    I don't think that this event will be up only for 24 hours. Maybe there will be another run after that.

Even Diretide was better than this mode. God this is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsmuse View Post
    Sad, but also true... not challenging...+ unfair (some don't have any gold to buy items, some don't give any gold for items, some don't know what hero to pick, and get support heroes which are useless)
    Maybe tomorrow's event will be a better one.

P.S.: still waiting for my Offering to be transformed in something good.
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsmuse View Post
    I agree. Diretide was pretty fun because it was intense PvP action. The Roshan "Smack the boss until it's dead" got very boring very quickly, and this is really more of the same only without any of the redeeming PvP stuff.

I mean sure, I can opt not to do it (which is what I'm doing), but it would be nice to have more Diretide 'steal the candy' styled holiday gamemodes and less 'lololololol hit boss who uses recycled hero animations'. They're not fun after the first time you do it.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE GOD REDUCE THE GAME MODE TO BE 5 MINS IN LENGTH. NOT 20 OR SO MINUTES> JESUS CHRIST ITS SO REPETITIVE> THIS IS LITERALLY BASICALLY SAYING (WE MADE THIS EVENT FOR FARMERS< FUCK THOSE WHO WANTED A FUN GAME MODE)
    THIS IS NOT FUN. IT WAS FUN FOR THE FIRST 3 MINS THEN IT GOT REPETITIVE>

Basically this is a mode for those with no life (too much free time) or those who want to buy XXXX favour, then spend XXX hours fighting the beast.

If you are going to have a boss battle, please don't make it last 20 mins with the same repetitive algorithm. Add some changes to his pattern or different spells. Maybe the things he shoots gets increasingly difficult>??

Also a health limit would be nicer. Instead of who does the most dmg, can we do who kills it quicker. It seems like the better and more fun, high pace way of doing things..

But hell its already released, who cares for some randomer's oppinion.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 02-05-2014 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE GOD REDUCE THE GAME MODE TO BE 5 MINS IN LENGTH. NOT 20 OR SO MINUTES> JESUS CHRIST ITS SO REPETITIVE> THIS IS LITERALLY BASICALLY SAYING (WE MADE THIS EVENT FOR FARMERS< FUCK THOSE WHO WANTED A FUN GAME MODE)
    THIS IS NOT FUN. IT WAS FUN FOR THE FIRST 3 MINS THEN IT GOT REPETITIVE>
    you'v clearly not played alot of chinese games. they love "farming"

Basic Member
    after few rounds all the ingots i farmed are gone it seems. ok?. seems legit. not.
    why the hell do you lose all your ingots? i wanna try to find out which teams owrk out best to scrore top and not buy millions of ingots.

Quote Originally Posted by BK2710 View Post
    after few rounds all the ingots i farmed are gone it seems. ok?. seems legit. not.
    why the hell do you lose all your ingots? i wanna try to find out which teams owrk out best to scrore top and not buy millions of ingots.
    Practice mode..

Basically -- Slardar --PA --- WK -- (other)

On Pa 2 butterflies 1 satanic 4 rapiers. (Swap satanic for butterfly if wanted)
    On slardar armour reduc stuffies.

etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member

So i just tried the new year beast event

first try everybody in the team had some ingots, we spent them on items, we were doing pretty good until the beast started to drag and kill ppl off the map where we couldn't not reach them to revive.
    second try only one guy had ingots, so we wiped in one minute as 4 ppl had no items and the one who had ingots just wasted them on a no chance team...

ggwp valve what can i say!