Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chatting ingame

+1

Basic Member
    -1 THATS WHY Dota 2 its under steams support maybe a send msg option in game would be ok i dont know or a steam update that you can pm players that you have played with or you are playing with,

+1

All systems must be revolutionized

As long as it's similar to wc3 whisper/squelching in functionality ^_^

That would be nice.

Basic Member
    +1 there is no real reason at all why this shouldnt be added, it makes communicating with people faster and easier

Basic Member
    I have about half people in my friends list i never talk to but one time when i needed or they needed to ask me for a trade.
    + 10 for this one.

Basic Member
    !support

Basic Member
    A) Remember that not everyone has alienware as their laptop and some have crap toshibas, which means instant lag when you alt + shift.
    B) Sometimes you can share an in-joke or tell people personally on your thoughts or praises. You rarely want to circlejerk in public unless it's a circlejerk circle.
    C) Alt + shift tints the window black, which can get really distracting, especially with all the clutter.
    D) Some players are more accustomed pressing enter and writing "/w mother" or "/r" to reply

I realize that people may change their names a lot, so I feel that this should be limited to in-game only. If 2 people have the same name, maybe implement a whisper icon for each person? And then press /r to reuse whatever it was you whispered (or the normal /reply)

I truly miss the old battle.net chatrooms. It's not exactly clunky, but it was a prominent part of the game (or just WC3) and promoted a kind of community. Especially with clans and whatnot.

Basic Member
    +1000

A chat system like on Bnet would very nice and more practical especially in-game.

Basic Member
    Still no whispering functionality. I wonder why they didn't add this feature while they were creating this game. What was their excuse? Interesting....