Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: 2 Live Games Suggestions

  1. #11
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    391
    Well the think about the "rewind" idea, was to make it like in football matches (Aka Soccer, if you are from the US).
    Aka NamDohtem on PlayDotA.com
    Danish DOTA2 Steam Community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOTA2DK

  2. #12
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    19
    "1. aha, and who would ghost in beta games?"
    During the beta you want to develop it till the game is finished, you don't wait till is out to buy to put everything in the game...

    I think that the 30 secs should be delayed more and the rewind stuff would be awsome for casting.

  3. #13
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23
    It should be 2min.. sure, you still can see the wards, but until you get there it's gone ~3-4min passed already.
    Also you don't need longer than 2min for rosh, ganks or smth other special.. (lvl1 rosh etc) - if it's possible for the servers then at least 2mins should be the way to go.

    And to #2.. rewind.. I don't know. In the replay maybe, but not on live-games.

  4. #14
    Basic Member Onlyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    136
    +1 for both

  5. #15
    Basic Member bboyza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    162
    Agree with both. However the 2nd one I think would be more useful as an 'action replay' & 'reverse angle' ability - yes, like in sports. And then snap back to live.
    Last edited by bboyza; 10-05-2011 at 02:00 AM.

  6. #16
    Basic Member eNTe_eXe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany/Texas
    Posts
    594
    I don't know about #1.... Yes, people can have someone else ghosting for them, but after all it is only a game. I think a delay of 6 minutes is simply too much. After all, you want to watch the game "live" and not recorded.
    If people are actually so tryhard to have someone ghosting for them, then they should probably re-evaluate their lifes. And as already stated, it does take a bunch of space to have hundreds of games (when retail hits, there will be TONS of games) for 6 minutes.

    I do agree on the second one, though. Maybe make it possible so you can go back in time for like 30 seconds to rewatch something. But then again, having 30 seconds to go back probably does take many ressources as well.

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by eNTe_eXe View Post
    I don't know about #1.... Yes, people can have someone else ghosting for them, but after all it is only a game. I think a delay of 6 minutes is simply too much. After all, you want to watch the game "live" and not recorded.
    If people are actually so tryhard to have someone ghosting for them, then they should probably re-evaluate their lifes. And as already stated, it does take a bunch of space to have hundreds of games (when retail hits, there will be TONS of games) for 6 minutes.
    I think the point isn`t just about the pub games, this thing "it is only a game" doesn`t fit in the professional scene.

  8. #18
    Basic Member eNTe_eXe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Germany/Texas
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by rtdm View Post
    I think the point isn`t just about the pub games, this thing "it is only a game" doesn`t fit in the professional scene.
    I am sure they will find a solution for that. But delaying every pub game out there by 6 minutes is simple too much and takes a crapton of ressources.

  9. #19
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    99
    Yeah, they could make like two types of streaming, for pubs and professional games ?
    maybe something like that =)

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by iceee View Post
    "1. aha, and who would ghost in beta games?"
    During the beta you want to develop it till the game is finished, you don't wait till is out to buy to put everything in the game...

    I think that the 30 secs should be delayed more and the rewind stuff would be awsome for casting.
    i know, but u cant tell me its something difficult to increase the delay. right now it would only cost ressources and doesnt have high priority since its easy to fix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •