Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Live Games Suggestions

Basic Member

Increase delay time and rewind live games?

#1: Increase delay of the games.
    The current delay of live games is 30 seconds, which seems enough when it comes to ganking, but when it comes to wards its not enough.
    Wards up-time is 6 minutes, and with a delay on 30 seconds, an "ghoster" can easily tell where the wards are. It wouldn't hurt anybody that the delay is 6 minutes, why would it?
    Suggestion: Increase delay from 30 seconds to 6 minutes
    EDIT: Seems like Valve liked this, so it has already been increased but it still isn't increased to 6 minutes.

#2: Rewind addon.
    So I think it would be a cool addon if you could rewind in live games, hence the 6 minutes delay it should be possible to make. It would be nice for casters who miss the firstblood or just for casual spectators missing important fights or epic arrows etc.
    Suggestion: Live Rewinding

Hope you like them
    Last edited by Cralle; 11-27-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Aka NamDohtem on PlayDotA.com
    Danish DOTA2 Steam Community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOTA2DK

t-up on #1

Basic Member
    1. I think it was Zoid who said 6 minutes would take a lot of saving space (or whatever the technical term was). He didn't say it was impossible but I guess it would take a lot of work. It's not just about changing a variable like other small problems. But I see your point.

2. If a caster misses the start of a live-game, he might as well commentate the replay. Personally, I don't see the point in rewinding a live game, doesn't make sense to me. It defeats the purpose of a live-game to the point that the replay would be more usefull.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymen View Post
    1. I think it was Zoid who said 6 minutes would take a lot of saving space (or whatever the technical term was). He didn't say it was impossible but I guess it would take a lot of work. It's not just about changing a variable like other small problems. But I see your point.

2. If a caster misses the start of a live-game, he might as well commentate the replay. Personally, I don't see the point in rewinding a live game, doesn't make sense to me. It defeats the purpose of a live-game to the point that the replay would be more usefull.
    1. Sure, but you can still ghost with 30 seconds.

2. I don't mean the start of the game, but maybe a important kill that the caster misses in the middle of the game.
    Aka NamDohtem on PlayDotA.com
    Danish DOTA2 Steam Community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DOTA2DK

Basic Member
    1. aha, and who would ghost in beta games?

2. u could do it like in football matches. u dont rewind, but u can see important scenes like firstblood during the live cast.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckY.One View Post
    1. aha, and who would ghost in beta games?
    I think you're missing the point of the beta.

Basic Member
    I think 30secs is enough in pubs, though in tournament yes it should be increased to 6:05 mins, just to be sure

+1 on Number 1

And also add number 2, but this was suggested before I guess.

definitely delay time has to be increased, but i wouldn't agree on rewind option. (it reminds me too much on TiVo :P), I would rather see match highlights during the pause, or when there is not much action so the shoutcaster can then show it like when watching live football matches.
    Always set the trail, Never follow the path!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EeRi3 View Post
    definitely delay time has to be increased, but i wouldn't agree on rewind option. (it reminds me too much on TiVo :P), I would rather see match highlights during the pause, or when there is not much action so the shoutcaster can then show it like when watching live football matches.

Ooh that's a good idea too... doable too