Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: GetMatchHistory date_min/date_max issues

Basic Member
    The date parameters did not seem to work anymore, as the project I am using the API for is just private and I wanted to get my own matches to my database I just wrote a parser for Dotabuff which saves all the matchids so I can request the data by match id instead of steamid.

Quote Originally Posted by Swouuu View Post
    The date parameters did not seem to work anymore, as the project I am using the API for is just private and I wanted to get my own matches to my database I just wrote a parser for Dotabuff which saves all the matchids so I can request the data by match id instead of steamid.
    Scraping sites is web development faux pas.
    You should never do it imo.

Basic Member
    Hopefully this thread in Reddit will finally motivate some movement from Valve!

Basic Member
    bump. is it fixed yet?

they have been officially removed from the api

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuppetMaster42 View Post
    they have been officially removed from the api
    sad but true :/ RIP my java application

I had so much ideas. Only the basics are implemented. Here some pics
    rip in peace my app.png

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swouuu View Post

how do you get the parser to 'log-in' to dotabuff? im using php, but if I access my player page on dotabuff using cURL I'm doing it as a user not signed in through steam, so all the match_ids are fake and I can't really go through all the pages like I wanted to get all my match ids

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ogarza View Post
    how do you get the parser to 'log-in' to dotabuff? im using php, but if I access my player page on dotabuff using cURL I'm doing it as a user not signed in through steam, so all the match_ids are fake and I can't really go through all the pages like I wanted to get all my match ids
    Why would you need to scrape dotabuff if you can just access the API provided by Valve?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScHaTten View Post
    Why would you need to scrape dotabuff if you can just access the API provided by Valve?
    Because the API only lets you go back 500 matches for a specific account, I don't plan on requesting 700 million matches just to check for those where I played by using the sequence number.

My need was simple, get all the match ids for a specific account, this took 5 minutes including the time it took me to write the script to parse my dotabuff match pages.

I would love to be able to use the API, but unless you plan on crawling through every match ever played or are only interested in the last 500 matches, then you are pretty much SOL using the API.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ogarza View Post
    I would love to be able to use the API, but unless you plan on crawling through every match ever played or are only interested in the last 500 matches, then you are pretty much SOL using the API.
    If you had taken the 5 minutes to actually read thru the THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE STARTING thread you would have noticed that there filters you can set for retrieving match data.

// edit
    You can "combine" filters.

i.e.
    account_id + hero_id = up to 500 matches per hero_id

so if you're not a player with 2874 Sand King games, you should be easily able to fetch all your games with a couple API requests.
    Last edited by ScHaTten; 06-20-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: fixed typo, added filter options