Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lobby number 8?!?!?!

Basic Member

Lobby number 8?!?!?!

All of a sudden today, the majority of games are coming up as lobby-type "8", which isn't one of the possible numbers found at https://github.com/kronusme/dota2-ap...a/lobbies.json

What's lobby 8?

one of the new types released today obviously...

Basic Member
    Code:
    enum LobbyType {
    	INVALID = -1;
    	CASUAL_MATCH = 0;
    	PRACTICE = 1;
    	TOURNAMENT = 2;
    	COOP_BOT_MATCH = 4;
    	LEGACY_TEAM_MATCH = 5;
    	LEGACY_SOLO_QUEUE_MATCH = 6;
    	COMPETITIVE_MATCH = 7;
    	CASUAL_1V1_MATCH = 8;
    }

Basic Member
    Just two days ago, when I would download new matches, I would get over 400 matches that were lobby types 0, 5 or 7, aka normal type games. But as of yesterday and today, the VAST majority it's giving me are these lobby type 8 games. Now when I download new matches (which gives me 500 matches), approximately 450 of them are lobby type 8!! And so I've been hammering on the function to download new matches, and it appears that a new lobby type 0, 5 or 7 match only comes approximately once every 10 seconds are so. But there are a LOT of new lobby type 8 games showing up in that same amount of time. So it's giving about 20+ new lobby type 8 games for every 1 new game of any other type it seems. SURELY there are more normal games being played than that? Only 1 normal dota game is being played every 10 seconds? I think the webapi is broken?

Quote Originally Posted by HiRoGliFiQ View Post
    Just two days ago, when I would download new matches, I would get over 400 matches that were lobby types 0, 5 or 7, aka normal type games. But as of yesterday and today, the VAST majority it's giving me are these lobby type 8 games. Now when I download new matches (which gives me 500 matches), approximately 450 of them are lobby type 8!! And so I've been hammering on the function to download new matches, and it appears that a new lobby type 0, 5 or 7 match only comes approximately once every 10 seconds are so. But there are a LOT of new lobby type 8 games showing up in that same amount of time. So it's giving about 20+ new lobby type 8 games for every 1 new game of any other type it seems. SURELY there are more normal games being played than that? Only 1 normal dota game is being played every 10 seconds? I think the webapi is broken?
    lobby type 8 is solo mid 1v1 matchup

If you look into the dota2 client and what live games are on 1st page, you would see that 1v1 is played more often atm than "normal" 5v5 because it takes less long to find games atm and also to play them
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Does anybody have any ideas for the new game modes? I see 21 coming down for the 1v1 modes, so probably indicates a new mode for those games but not sure what it stands for. Also looks like 20 was skipped? Maybe for AR-DM?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrick View Post
    Does anybody have any ideas for the new game modes? I see 21 coming down for the 1v1 modes, so probably indicates a new mode for those games but not sure what it stands for. Also looks like 20 was skipped? Maybe for AR-DM?
    Code:
    enum DOTA_GameMode {
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_NONE = 0;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_AP = 1;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_CM = 2;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_RD = 3;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_SD = 4;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_AR = 5;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_INTRO = 6;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_HW = 7;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_REVERSE_CM = 8;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_XMAS = 9;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_TUTORIAL = 10;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_MO = 11;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_LP = 12;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_POOL1 = 13;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_FH = 14;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_CUSTOM = 15;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_CD = 16;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_BD = 17;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_ABILITY_DRAFT = 18;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_EVENT = 19;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_ARDM = 20;
    	DOTA_GAMEMODE_1V1MID = 21;
    }

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRoGliFiQ View Post
    So it's giving about 20+ new lobby type 8 games for every 1 new game of any other type it seems. SURELY there are more normal games being played than that? Only 1 normal dota game is being played every 10 seconds? I think the webapi is broken?
    Assume that half of the population has decided to try 1v1 because it's new. Also assume that it takes, on average, 15 minutes to queue for and complete a 1v1 match and 45 minutes for a standard match. Also keep in mind that for every 10 people playing both modes, five 1v1 matches are created for every standard match.

In a 45 minute period, 50 people would create 5 standard matches. The 50 people creating 1v1 matches would create 25 matches in the every 15-minute section, giving us a total or 75 matches in 45 minutes. This would give us a ratio of 15 1v1 matches for every standard game of Dota, which isn't quite the 20:1 ratio you stipulated, but it's close.

So no, what you're seeing isn't unreasonable. It's just going to suck to collect standard matches even more now.

DOTA_GAMEMODE_EVENT = 19;
    DOTA_GAMEMODE_ARDM = 20;
    I think, I've missed something.
    Could anyone say what does ARDM and EVENT mean?

DotA 2 Web API Processing with PHP
    DotA2 Statistic - Professional leagues statistic
    follow @dota2statistic

Quote Originally Posted by GelioS View Post
    I think, I've missed something.
    Could anyone say what does ARDM and EVENT mean?
    event is probably used for something like diretide

All random death match and no its not official released yet
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.