Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skipping Tutorial

Basic Member

Skipping Tutorial

Why can I not skip the tutorial? Seriously, absolutely no way to skip it? Hate to break this to ya but this ain't my first moba. I also have the best tutorial I could possibly get in my roommate who has played dota for god knows how long. I have played LoL for a year or better, I know things are a little different from LoL but hate to break it to ya mechanics are VERY similar. I'm not saying don't have a tutorial but have the option to skip it. I really doubt someone who has never played a video game before is going to start with Dota but stranger things have happened. Those people will need a tutorial, yes, but give the option for people like me to skip it. Ok well I'm going back to the game to learn fundamentals and.............. nah probably just let it auto play and go walk my dog. See if I can fail the tut by being afk.

I just went back thru the menu and all the settings to see if I could find a skip tutorial button just in case it is in the game and I missed it. Couldn't find it. If its there and I totally retarded (yea I know I am already) just let me know where that MFer is so when my other friends start they can skip it.

GG LOTS OF LOVE!!!!! GLHF!!

Banned
    Open the console and type

dota_full_ui 1

Then a little button will appear on the bottom right, click it.

Basic Member
    according to the game menu the "\" key is my console. I have pushed the crap out of it in many menus and nothing. whats suppose to open. I typed it in the tutorial chat and some npc laughed at me. rude right? stupid npc's judging me. is it like skyrim and New Vegas? little icon appears in lower left corner for typing or what. Quick to google! but any help would be appreciated.

Banned
    You need to have -console typed in launch options.

Basic Member
    WOW can they put all this in the tutorial. Also let people know that to get to the console commands you have to select Dota 2 in steam right click go to properties, under the general tab click set launch options then type "-console". Then when the game starts you will have a big gray where you can type dota_full_ui 1. But for the love of all that is holy it should not be that difficult to skip a tutorial. If nothing else make it to where you can skip parts of the tutorial. Little button somewhere not completely hidden that says Skip this part of the tutorial. I know game development is difficult but how hard would that be. This game has been beta tested since July 2013? Under development since 2009 and no one thought to put a skip tutorial button? wow just wow.

stop smurfing. play the tutorial once and you are done

Basic Member
    smurfing huh? Downloaded the game for the first time yesterday. Smurfing huh? I only play arams in LoL. Smurfing huh? In one year of LoL I have played the "standard" game type3 times. Smurfing huh? Well Noo thanks for being helpful. What you added to this post actually helped me. I do sincerely thank you. Sabotaz, if you have nothing constructive to add to peoples post, just don't.

Banned
    Smurf boys its the only anarchist thing we can do in this game.

You should play the tutorial, enjoy the story.
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

Okey, i ll be more helpful. This game is not age of mythology, age of empires or some other game that you play by yourself against the computer. If you dont understand the basic mechanics of this game like how to last hit, how to push down towers, how to purchase from the shop you will just end up ruining lots of games. Having a roomate that plays dota is really cool, same as that you have played a different moba game before but you still have to practise on minor stuff. Needless to say that if there was actually an easy way to skip the tutorial (pretty much like in the games i mentioned above with just an Esc hit), nobody would ever bother to play the tutorial no matter how new he was in that genre of games. W/e, i guess you have your answer hf