Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Shaman + Eul's + Wards =/= Trapped Enemy

Basic Member

Shadow Shaman + Eul's + Wards =/= Trapped Enemy

Summary:

One way to trap someone with SS(=Shadow Shaman)-wards in DotA was that you used Eul's Scepter of Divinety.
    In DotA2 though this does not quite work the way it used to be. Nine out of ten times when you try to trap someone with wards and Eul's the "trapped" enemy is glitched outside of the bundle of wards -> he can escape very easily or you have to waste spells.

Repro Steps:

1. Start private game, cheats enabled, with bots or you can bring a friend (helps a lot!)
    2. Pick SS, type in "-wtf" so you can try it very often in a short time.
    3. Level up to LVL 6 (minimum) and buy "Eul's Scepter of Devinety"
    4. Look for any enemy
    5. Use Eul's on him, the use your ultimate and plant the ward's what seems to be the center of curl

Result:

When Eul's stops and the enemy lands he is very often not trapped inside the wards, even if he lands exactly in the center of the wards.

Expected result:

The enemy should be trapped if the wards are casted correctly (-> ultimate in the center of the curl)

Personal words:

If anyone got any objections/comments please let me know and if I doubleposted I'm sorry. A mate and me checked the forum for this particular problem and didn't find anything.

Sincerly Bladehunter

Basic Member
    yeap i confirm this itried this it only works on yourself but if you cast it on enemies they slip from it

Basic Member
    bump for a fix? i hope this isnt intentional this is an important part of rhasta

I hope they fix this in next patch too =( Rhasta is a really good/cool hero to play with.
    The curl should also be selectable as it was in DotA... I don't play the game for some time already, but I think it was targetable right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trilles View Post
    I hope they fix this in next patch too =( Rhasta is a really good/cool hero to play with.
    The curl should also be selectable as it was in DotA... I don't play the game for some time already, but I think it was targetable right?
    yep

Basic Member
    In dota 1, shadow shaman's wards were targetable, you could click directly upon a stationary target and trap them every time; in dota 2 even if the target is not moving and you click directly upon them, you still miss the trap quite often. I feel they need to make the spell targetable as well as able to wrap around people in eul's (make eul's spot targetable). Trapping people in wards is one of the things that makes rhasta so unique and diverse, taking this away (or even making it as RNG as it is now), is really killing a lot of the fun with this hero imo.

Quote Originally Posted by brunobays View Post
    In dota 1, shadow shaman's wards were targetable, you could click directly upon a stationary target and trap them every time; in dota 2 even if the target is not moving and you click directly upon them, you still miss the trap quite often. I feel they need to make the spell targetable as well as able to wrap around people in eul's (make eul's spot targetable). Trapping people in wards is one of the things that makes rhasta so unique and diverse, taking this away (or even making it as RNG as it is now), is really killing a lot of the fun with this hero imo.
    Yup! dunno if targetable (it would be too imbalanced) but it you click a spot with a hero in it it should lock it (if you click properly) <- this could be done on dota and here it's not that easy. the Eul's bug it's a problem too and both kills SS mood :/

Basic Member
    I can confirmed this, been playing a lot Rhasta in both dota 1 and dota 2. It's been kinda annoying for me when this happens

Volunteer Moderator
    Isn't it just caused by Dota 2 cyclones not having collision? I.e. wards just treat it as an empty field and hence there's no gap formed?

^ Yeah, I think the same.
    The Cyclone on W3 DotA was like a clickable unit. You could actually click on the cyclone's unit circle at the ground.
    I think due to same thing the Cyclone is un-purgeable right now.