Thread: [Fixed] Moment of Courage is boosting all attacks for 1s when hitting towers

[Fixed] Moment of Courage is boosting all attacks for 1s when hitting towers

2014-02-07_00002.jpg

Reproduction steps:

1. Pick Legion Commander and level Moment of Courage
    2. Start hitting a tower
    3. Get the Moment of Courage debuff

Expected results:

Legion Commander deals a single quick hit to the tower.

Actual results:

Legion Commander becomes Troll Warlord for 1s.

I went to DotA to check how it worked before but I guess it still works as a big IAS for a short period so I can't really tell if this is intended (which I don't think so). Also, I noticed this on a match yesterday (http://dotabuff.com/matches/507350547), I can tell the moments it happened if necessary.

Most likely it is because Moment of Courage looks for a lifesteal in order to remove attack speed. I will test other non-lifestealable enemies.

Tested. Buff only disappears then you lifesteal. Things that can be attack with high speed: Supernova, plague and mass serpent wards... Also if you miss the attack you will still have buff and you next attack will be on high speed and lifesteal.

Basic Member
    Guardian Angel + Cleave abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by imxtrabored View Post
    Guardian Angel + Cleave abuse?
    Cleave is blocked in Dota 2 by Guardian Angel.

Basic Member
    Yeah, but if the secondary targets don't have it?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    Most likely it is because Moment of Courage looks for a lifesteal in order to remove attack speed. I will test other non-lifestealable enemies.

Tested. Buff only disappears then you lifesteal. Things that can be attack with high speed: Supernova, plague and mass serpent wards... Also if you miss the attack you will still have buff and you next attack will be on high speed and lifesteal.
    A question-how do you even proc MoC on Supernova? Shouldn't it proc only when LC is attacked by her enemy? Asking also because the other day I had an LC harras me two times in a row while I was last hitting (both first hit MoC proc) which I didn't understand since I wasn't hitting her...

Quote Originally Posted by posnisir View Post
    A question-how do you even proc MoC on Supernova? Shouldn't it proc only when LC is attacked by her enemy? Asking also because the other day I had an LC harras me two times in a row while I was last hitting (both first hit MoC proc) which I didn't understand since I wasn't hitting her...
    Any attack can proc MoC not only main targets. MoC is a 400 attack speed buff.

how can you test it with d1 behavior of 6.80 is not even out???

Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    how can you test it with d1 behavior of 6.80 is not even out???
    You don't. You stop relying on DotA1 with new changes.

If the patch gets applied in Dota2 first, DotA1 needs to adapt to the new changes (if at all), not the other way.
    Please, just call me buny.