Thread: Stopping friends from spectating?

Basic Member

Stopping friends from spectating?

Is there a way to stop friends from spectating? If not, I would like to suggest that to be implemented. As in that if I have a solo ranked match or regular match that I am able to set my game to private so that people can't spectate me. I don't know if other people are annoyed by this, but some of my friends (real life ones, yes I have them <.<) like to comment and whine about my choices or my unintentional feeding and etc. I am not a good player, so sometimes I have a failing streak. It would be nice if I could have some games without getting a comment about it from my friends.

Basic Member
    As in live spectating? Just appear offline as a status so they can't see you playing, therefore they cannot spectate you.

Is it not good to get constructive criticism? maybe they just trying to help.

Unless they being malicious about it, then i would understand...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Olamon View Post
    As in live spectating? Just appear offline as a status so they can't see you playing, therefore they cannot spectate you.
    I have had people tell me that even if you go offline the watch game icon button still shows up if they right click your name on steam friends.

@themeatree I wish, they aren't exactly being malicious, but more like whiny and bothersome. I could do without that at times.

Quote Originally Posted by SayKin View Post
    I have had people tell me that even if you go offline the watch game icon button still shows up if they right click your name on steam friends.
    Go offline BEFORE starting game/find match. Then it wont appear.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SayKin View Post
    some of my friends (real life ones, yes I have them <.<) like to comment and whine about my choices or my unintentional feeding and etc. I am not a good player, so sometimes I have a failing streak. It would be nice if I could have some games without getting a comment about it from my friends.
    These people don't seem like friends. Dota isn't the problem here. Sorry.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp