Thread: Custom Musics Problems

Exclamation Custom Musics Problems

So I was modding the main menu music and the in-game music (teamfight,laning,smoke etc) and i got the things to work. BUT for some reason the music's tone is kinda low(noticeable, but doesn't really matter for me) what really matters is the when song played halfway through AND THEN WHEN THE SONG REACHED THE BADASS IRON MAIDEN GODDAMN SOLO then it switch to another song/replay it. This really piss me off. Are there any fixes for this?

I have search through the community guides http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...8389389#175069 i have the whole sound folder moved in, copied the mods directly (no file type or name error, I'm sure) start the game, and type the snd_rebuildaudiocache, and restart the game. But when it is building the sound cache again, i read through the console and found there's 20 cache haven't touched (99%) and a UNKNOWN READ ERROR 38 in the middle of the progress. Then i restart the game anyway. But when i restarted, there are no music at all (the one i modded only, default sfx and unmodded still working), and the console says "sample rate error (480000) #music gamestartup3/2/1"
    Note: i still have the -override_vpk activated in the launch option.
    Should I deactivate vpk overriding then rebuild the cache or rebuild first then only override the vpk?
    I also deleted master.cache as well and unable to get a new one (verify didn't work) maybe is that causing the problems?
    Are there any fix for this... this would help other beginner modders like me as well.
    Last edited by NoobsShouldBeSlaughtered; 02-10-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Basic Member
    Im not familiar with modding but since im a music producer, it seems game uses another sample rate than what you imported. ur music seems to be 48khz while most of commercial musics out there is 44.1khz.
    Or vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Suprano View Post
    Im not familiar with modding but since im a music producer, it seems game uses another sample rate than what you imported. ur music seems to be 48khz while most of commercial musics out there is 44.1khz.
    Or vice versa
    Is there a way to change it?

Basic Member
    I'm sure the people at /r/Dota2Modding can help you out. Also you could reverse engineer on what they did and maybe spot the difference.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobsShouldBeSlaughtered View Post
    Is there a way to change it?
    easily. if you meant to change your music's sample rate. every audio editor should do that. like Audition or Audacity. check their save or export options

Alright, got it changed. Works with better speed and pitch. BUT it only extend the song for a bit more. Damn it valve why don't you just made a custom music option?