Match ID: 514605238
    21:25:00 Mon Feb 10th 2014

Img: http://oi58.tinypic.com/2vsjbe8.jpg

Banned
    Agh doesn't upgrade Darkness.

lol

A true demon can never die.

I dare you to show me your bones.

Can be Improved by Aghanim's Scepter (* shows the improved values). Grants unobstructed vision in the night. The improved vision does not depend on using Darkness.
    LoL = Checkers. DoTa = Chess.

Basic Member
    "The improved vision does not depend on using Darkness."

Not a bug. Aghanim's scepter does not upgrade darkness. It upgrades night stalker himself => Only night stalker gets unobstructed vision, when he acquires Agha. Even when he doesn't have darkness at all.

It's a hero specific ability that has nothing to do with skills. Same like silencers int steal, or void being able to move in enemy chrono.
    Last edited by Eng3L; 02-26-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Basic Member
    The tooltip/description is then plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eng3L View Post
    "The improved vision does not depend on using Darkness."

Not a bug. Aghanim's scepter does not upgrade darkness. It upgrades night stalker himself => Only night stalker gets unobstructed vision, when he acquires Agha. Even when he doesn't have darkness at all.

It's a hero specific ability that has nothing to do with skills. Same like silencers int steal, or void being able to move in enemy chrono.

Well actually, the scepter upgrade should be bound to Hunter in the Night if you'd go after DotA1. I can understand why that never got fixed. The gameplay impact is almost non-existant.
    Though it's clearly noticable in Ability Draft so the devs maybe consider fixing it.
    Please, just call me buny.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Well actually, the scepter upgrade should be bound to Hunter in the Night if you'd go after DotA1. I can understand why that never got fixed. The gameplay impact is almost non-existant.
    Though it's clearly noticable in Ability Draft so the devs maybe consider fixing it.
    Same with glaives of wisdom.. The person who drafts glaives should get the int steal.

^No. The int steal is not bound to any spell. It's bound to Silencer.

The aghs upgrade for NS should be bound to his passive, not to him. If you don't level your passive in DotA1 and buy scepter, you won't get the unobstructed vision during night.
    Please, just call me buny.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    ^No. The int steal is not bound to any spell. It's bound to Silencer.

The aghs upgrade for NS should be bound to his passive, not to him. If you don't level your passive in DotA1 and buy scepter, you won't get the unobstructed vision during night.
    I guess a better way to phrase it would be "Should the int steal be tied to glaives"? I was thinking that lvl 0 glaives should give int steal, instead of a separate (hidden) ability that confers int steal. Somewhat similar to flesh heap, where the owner of flesh heap records kills that occurred before the first point was placed into it.