Thread: Double Clicking Quick Cast hotkey should Self-Cast if it's enabled

Basic Member

Double Clicking Quick Cast hotkey should Self-Cast if it's enabled

Hi. I think if I press the quick cast hotkey twice, it should cast the skill or item on my hero. Right now, self-cast is incompatible with any skill or item quick cast hotkey. Valve please fix!

How would that work? Quick cast automatically casts as soon as you press it the first time. Unless you would want it to wait for x seconds before casting to see if you want to tap the key again to self cast which defeats the purpose of "QUICK" cast.

Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    How would that work? Quick cast automatically casts as soon as you press it the first time. Unless you would want it to wait for x seconds before casting to see if you want to tap the key again to self cast which defeats the purpose of "QUICK" cast.
    it won't cast a target unit spell if you don't have your cursor over a unit, and can be difficult to cast something like repel on yourself if you have a few heroes hitting you
    Spoiler: 

So you would have to move your cursor to a point where there is no unit on the screen when you can simply just click hero portrait? And even if there was no unit on the screen it still tries to cast in which it will tell you theres no target.

Basic Member
    The confusion of not hitting a target to self-cast shouldn't be a problem. Plus there are no ground target spells or items where self-cast applies, so there is no room for misusing it that way. Only thing I can think of that could go wrong is if you double tap the hotkey to self-cast, but you didn't realize your cursor was on a unit, which in turn cause you to cast the skill/item on that unit instead of yourself. Imo that last bit shouldn't be too much of problem. In most cases you keep track of where your cursor is.

Quote Originally Posted by 100kV View Post
    The confusion of not hitting a target to self-cast shouldn't be a problem. Plus there are no ground target spells or items where self-cast applies, so there is no room for misusing it that way. Only thing I can think of that could go wrong is if you double tap the hotkey to self-cast, but you didn't realize your cursor was on a unit, which in turn cause you to cast the skill/item on that unit instead of yourself. Imo that last bit shouldn't be too much of problem. In most cases you keep track of where your cursor is.
    Well if you think that is better than just clicking your portrait. I personally dont use quick cast anyway.