Thread: % increase to battle points based on non-abandonment streak

% increase to battle points based on non-abandonment streak

First off, whats up with this forum not having a suggestion subforum anywhere? O.o

Anyway. I have a suggestion.

Core Idea:
    For each 5 games played in a row without abandoning, grant players a 1% battlebooster bonus capped at 20%. Meaning to reach the maximum bonus you have to play 100 matches without abandonment.

Optional addition 1:
    Abandoning a game cuts the bonus by half.
    Example: Joe has played 40 games without leaving a game, and receives a 8% battlepoint boost. He then leaves a game and his BPB is set back to 4%.

Optional addition 2:
    To take network/internett faults into account, 1 game may be abandoned each week (for 4 total a month) without penalty - if the abandonment is due to disconnect.

This could work as a positive reinforcement to help aid the community in working against defeatist (read: quitter) attitudes by rewarding a slight to moderate reward for not abandoning games.

As to "But what if my inet connection drops, NOT FAIR!" It is each player's own responsibility to have a stable and working internett connection. If your internet is so unstable it causes abandonment at a regular level, you shouldnt be playing MP games in the first place.

I like the main idea, But I'd want it to be like this:
    Cap is +100% BP points, and whenever player reach that cap (500 games without abandon) the player get a gift up from mythical to arcana. And the counter resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon75689 View Post
    I played gyro and got 15 minutes, Phase, Magic stick, Drum, ring of Aquila, Bkb.

This is so fucking dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    This is so fucking dumb
    Great constructive feedback right there.

Adding a reward system that improves the community by lowering the abandonment numbers would improve the experience of dota for everyone. I dont see why this idea would be bad but please enlighten me on why you think so. What is your counterarguments to this idea being implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros226 View Post
    Great constructive feedback right there.

Adding a reward system that improves the community by lowering the abandonment numbers would improve the experience of dota for everyone. I dont see why this idea would be bad but please enlighten me on why you think so. What is your counterarguments to this idea being implemented?
    Okay lets give everyone free items.!
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Okay lets give everyone free items.!
    Everyone who plays gets free items already.

Quote Originally Posted by [DD]fafa View Post
    Cap is +100% BP points, and whenever player reach that cap (500 games without abandon) the player get a gift up from mythical to arcana. And the counter resets.
    Yes sky, people casually walking around with mythicals --> arcanas every 100 games

I like the main idea. To stop an item flood, lower the base BP rate by 10% so it would work out.
    Either a joke I don't get or an attempt to completly destroy the economy in this game.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    I like the main idea. To stop an item flood, lower the base BP rate by 10% so it would work out.

Either a joke I don't get or an attempt to completly destroy the economy in this game.
    Who is so dumb enough to wait for free items every 500 games while he can get them in 5 seconds from store?
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon75689 View Post
    I played gyro and got 15 minutes, Phase, Magic stick, Drum, ring of Aquila, Bkb.

Who is so dumb enough to wait for free items every 500 games while he can get them in 5 seconds from store?
    Dumb enough? This is not an economy simulator. You're not comparing the "work" of 500 games vs paying money. This is an addition without paying money. An incentive to stay in the game. This wont solve all people leaving, but it's a single part that can IMPROVE the situation. Not solve it, but improve it. People are already paying for boosters, so a free 20% booster is probably pretty welcome by most players, for the little price of playing the game...
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.