Thread: [Fixed] Legion Commander Duel Prematurely Ends (0.90 seconds)

[Fixed] Legion Commander Duel Prematurely Ends (0.90 seconds)

Match ID: 534196805
    Time: Around 25:25, in river, at bottom rune spawn point.

Link to screenshot of battle log: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...7CB5DCDD323E9/

Summary: LC and CK gang up on a Bloodseeker in the river. LC duels Bloodseeker but the Duel ends near instantaneously. LC loses out on damage bonus.

Reproduction steps:
    - Really have no idea. Tried to re-enact what happened but duels went the full course without issue.

Sequence of events:
    - CK and LC run past bottom rune spawn.
    - Bloodseeker attacks CK
    - Bloodseeker attacks CK
    - CK turns around and hits Bloodseeker with a crit
    - LC turns around and Duels Bloodseeker
    - Bloodseeker attacks LC
    - LC attacks Bloodseeker
    - CK attacks Bloodseeker
    - MoC procs and hits Bloodseeker
    - Duel ends

According to screenshot of battle log, the Duel started and ended in the span of 0.90 seconds with neither party dying.

Result:
    - Duel ended instantly

Expected Result:
    - Duel takes 5 seconds to finish and LC should have gotten a victory.

I figured it was one of the known bugs where casting a spell right before a Duel would mess with the Duel but the only skills that showed up right before and after the Duel were procs from passive skills (1 from CK's crit, 1 from LC's MoC). There was an item active toggled right before the Duel but that was from CK's Armlet which shouldn't matter.

I have no idea what caused the Duel to end prematurely.
    The Bloodseeker player was not trying to cast a spell before the Duel started.
    The LC player was not trying to cast a spell before the Duel started.
    Only thing I think can be blamed would be the MoC proc somehow ending the Duel.

Maybe somebody else can explain what happened, I checked the known bugs list but didn't see anything about prematurely ending Duels with actual repros and/or explanations.

I checked the list of LC bugs at http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...highlight=Duel but it's not listed, and there's something similar happening at http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...highlight=Duel with no further discussion on the actual reported issue - only the item switch bug, which wasn't the case in mine. If this is a duplicate, can I get a link to the confirmed bug report?

Thank you

Edit: As it turns out, I leveled MoC during the Duel and that ended the Duel. I knew my mouse cursor went to the MoC icon but I didn't notice that I was leveling the skill since the player perspective doesn't show the Level Up button and I didn't think about it.
    Last edited by solarpletex; 02-22-2014 at 11:55 AM.

I found the reproduction:

It happens then you level up any skill to higher level during Duel

This bug can only be reproduced now in player vs player or bot vs bot environment. Picking Legion Commander and then trying to duel with bot will not create this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by igo95862
    It happens then you level up Moment of Courage to higher level during Duel
    Wow, that is EXACTLY what I did during the Duel. I leveled MoC from lv 2 to lv 3 during the Duel. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    Last edited by solarpletex; 02-22-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Fixing quote block

Added.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Does it cancel duel if the non-legion guy levels something?

Banned
    This bug can only be reproduced now in player vs player or bot vs bot environment. Picking Legion Commander and then trying to duel with bot will not create this bug.
    It's so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by saspoon View Post
    It's so weird.
    Where is other strange stuff like picked Crystal Maiden doing too much damage with frostbite or created bane doing too much damage with Fiends grip.