Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 372

Thread: Remove Meepo from AD

  1. #11
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,547
    Whiners.
    Chill out.

  2. #12
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Just curious, do you have a source for this or are you assuming that it is the case?



    Ok so Geostrike is decent so long as you have an illusion skill. How about poof, got any useful situations for that?
    Source? No, it's just a conclusion of facts.
    Meepo's ulti's codes are quite a "mess" in DotA1. It's like literally coded for Meepo and only 1 Meepo prime in the game (that's why he's disabled in -same hero mode in DotA1 aswell, having 2 Meepo primes results in mass Meepos, regardless of who levels the skill up). Simply applying it to other heroes won't work. Leveling the ulti only gives you a Meepo clone when a Meepo prime is in the game. And the skill can only give you a Meepo clone. So if you for example are warlock with Blink, Hoof stomp, Split Earth and Divided We Stand, you don't get a Warlock clone with those spells, you'd get a Meepo clone with original Meepo spells (give there is a Meepo Prime in the game).

    Poof would be more useful, if they'd fix the bug which prevents everyone but Meepo to poof to their illusions..

    Quote Originally Posted by Luqk View Post
    Divided We Stand is extremely overpowered in this mode. People can mass tombstones, spam graves, infinite stun lock, etc. It's nearly impossible to win against a decent player. Meepo doesn't need to be removed from ability draft, but there should be some kind of limit to his ult.
    I think you are forgetting about that fact that the mayority of the Dota2 community just sucks when it comes to microing and will probably just end up feeding.
    He is "balanced" in this mode for the same reason why he's balanced in every other game mode.

    And don't come with certain spells are totally broken on him. This is AD you are talking about. There are always broken combinations.
    Please, just call me buny.

  3. #13
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    I think you are forgetting about that fact that the mayority of the Dota2 community just sucks when it comes to microing and will probably just end up feeding.
    He is "balanced" in this mode for the same reason why he's balanced in every other game mode.
    It may be true that the majority of the community can't micro, however in a match of 10 players there is guaranteed to be one person who is competent. Are we suppose to hope everyone sucks at microing every match? I can tell you from all the matches I've had with Meepo, there had always been someone who was able to micro just fine. The team with Divided We Stand has always had the highest win rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    And don't come with certain spells are totally broken on him. This is AD you are talking about. There are always broken combinations.
    So tell me why many of the spell combinations are removed (fiery soul + voodoo restoration, etc).
    Last edited by Luqk; 02-27-2014 at 05:56 PM.

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19
    Faced a meepo ult guy with pugna ward and a few nukes. Yea it's even more broken than the stuff that got nerfed already was. Insta killed anyone that came close, with tons of nukes into the face within a second or 4 wards going off at once as soon as someone cast a spell.
    Last edited by darkest4; 02-28-2014 at 07:03 AM.

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest4 View Post
    Faced a meepo ult guy with pugna ward and a few nukes. Yea it's even more broken than the stuff that got nerfed already was.
    sounds like my game meepo on our side with avalanche, sven's stun, punga ward plus divided we stand, he farmed for an agha, meka and valds for 20 mins while we defended, then it was game over the other team had no chance .

    makes him unstoppable.

  6. #16
    Basic Member ned_ballad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,939
    Beating Divided we Stand is entirely possible (Brood had it this game)

    It takes a decent amount of work and is frustrating, but it's not impossible to overcome it.

  7. #17
    Basic Member Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Patch Anticipation Station
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    I think you are forgetting about that fact that the mayority of the Dota2 community just sucks when it comes to microing and will probably just end up feeding.
    So you're saying that divided we stand is balanced in AD because some people are not great at micro? You don't need to be Boxer to be able to rape face with 4 stuns. Can you hit Q? Well you're on your way to owning! Next question: Can you hit tab? Well looks like you are pro enough to micro with divided we stand and ANY damage spell. What a ridiculous argument.


    He is "balanced" in this mode for the same reason why he's balanced in every other game mode.
    In other game modes, meepo does not have single target spells. His one lockdown is a skillshot. What the hell are you smoking dude?
    Edit: I forgot to mention the fact that meepo's model has shit stat gain (part of balancing the hero), how is it balanced when a hero like tree gets it?

    And don't come with certain spells are totally broken on him. This is AD you are talking about. There are always broken combinations.
    Why would Valve patch things like fiery soul + (vodoo restoration/mana shield/split shot)? Those are nothing in comparison to the power of divided we stand and any damage spell.

    Broken combos, yes those are present in AD and are part of the fun. Game breaking combos are not fun. Any stun/damage spell + divided we stand is game breaking. Believe it or not there are people who quite enjoy AD, this ability simply ruins this game mode, plain and simple.


    I'm pretty sure they are looking for ways to add every hero in there.
    I can't wait until they add Invoker, since you say they are going to add all heroes I'm sure his skills will be a great addition!
    Last edited by Hive; 02-28-2014 at 11:13 AM.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I can't wait until they add Invoker, since you say they are going to add all heroes I'm sure his skills will be a great addition!
    Tornado + EMP + Kinetic Field + Mana Void

  9. #19
    Basic Member Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Patch Anticipation Station
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by numky View Post
    Tornado + EMP + Kinetic Field + Mana Void
    You forget that you would need quas, wex, and invoke to get those spells.

  10. #20
    Basic Member ned_ballad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,939
    Invoker is probably the trickiest of them all to implement, but they could probably find a way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •