Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Meepo from AD

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    It never was in DotA1, because it simply was just too complicated to add that ulti into the mode... it wasn't because of balance reasons.
    No one ever bother to adapt that spell to AD. it'd require a version of that spell for every single hero in the game.

And his model has the 30% magic resistane advantage, so you can go tanky build easier with him than with others.

Also Geostrike is quite good, especially on ranged hero.
    Ranged hero with Geo Strike+ an illusion spell can slow you just as much as original Meepo can, since illus have fully functional Geostrike.
    This is entirely wrong. If they wanted to add Divided we stand for every hero it'd be easy.

Simply do this

Event: Ability leveled
    condition: Ability = Divided we stand
    Action:
    Create 1 unit of type, unit levelling ability/triggering unit.
    Give unit abilities = Ability[variable][0] -[1] [2] [3]
    Level up abilties to level X (After checking level numbers again this is part of meepo script anyway)
    Set XP to Y/ Level to Y
    Add to unit group clone
    Apply other conditions that meepo usually has such as only treads being allowed ( This is just CNP on the script used for meepo clones so yeh)

Use hashtable for this to make it MUI.

Everything is exactly the same with a different hero being used as the basis (Which can just be figured out through a check function)
    All the specific abilities that hero has from the draft is already stored as variables , so just call those derp
    It's not even difficult to code, I could do this. ._.

For aga (Event item picked up) Then Check hero has ability X
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    This is entirely wrong. If they wanted to add Divided we stand for every hero it'd be easy.

Simply do this

Event: Ability leveled
    condition: Ability = Divided we stand
    Action:
    Create 1 unit of type, unit levelling ability/triggering unit.
    Give unit abilities = Ability[variable][0] -[1] [2] [3]
    Level up abilties to level X (After checking level numbers again this is part of meepo script anyway)
    Set XP to Y/ Level to Y
    Add to unit group clone
    Apply other conditions that meepo usually has such as only treads being allowed ( This is just CNP on the script used for meepo clones so yeh)

Use hashtable for this to make it MUI.

Everything is exactly the same with a different hero being used as the basis (Which can just be figured out through a check function)
    All the specific abilities that hero has from the draft is already stored as variables , so just call those derp
    It's not even difficult to code, I could do this. ._.

For aga (Event item picked up) Then Check hero has ability X
    It requires complete recoding of the current spell so it most likely won't happen. I never said it's not possible to do it. As I said before, the codes right now are so that it only works for Meepo and are quite messy.

Also just copying your current hero doesn't work. The clones have different stats than the original. I don't think meepo prime and clone are the same unit.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Every time I pick Divided We Stand as blue it's a free win for my team.

I don't think Divided We Stand can ever be balanced on Ability Draft, it's simply too powerful and gives too many things.

But still, this mode is really fun and having the ability to make a hero that can be 5 and with different skills everytime is really fun.
    And there are tons of things that aren't balanced in the mode.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    It requires complete recoding of the current spell so it most likely won't happen. I never said it's not possible to do it. As I said before, the codes right now are so that it only works for Meepo and are quite messy.

Also just copying your current hero doesn't work. The clones have different stats than the original. I don't think meepo prime and clone are the same unit.
    Because 5 mins of coding is hard to do.
    Its 3 lines then a replacement trigger effectively.
    -You could set meepo clones as the same unit, then set there stats manually. Since there is 0% stat share there is no need to alter anything further untill Aga is bought then a trigger can be used to set meepo clones stats to that of Meepo main stats everytime an item is picked up.

It isn't anything amazing and it is likely that Divided we stand was coded with triggered stat share in the first place. Its not like there are many other ways of doing things.
    You don't have to use other units when you can use unit groups though. That way you don't check condition on unit type but instead unit is part of unit group GroupX

Also do you have access to the dota1 coding used? If so how exactly is it done..... Because i can't really understand how it could be made messy when dota already has other abilities a lot harder code implemented.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 02-28-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

+1 Meepos ult is always a first pick skill no matter what. Completely overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    +1 Meepos ult is always a first pick skill no matter what. Completely overpowered.
    So is grow, aftershock, enchant totem, webs and tidebringer. Should we ban those too?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    So is grow, aftershock, enchant totem, webs and tidebringer. Should we ban those too?
    DWS is an order of magnitude more broken. you can counterpick the best of other spells - block jinada/tide, block splash/enchant whatever.

You can't counterpick "any useful ability, ever"

Because you can Counter pick someone with "hunter in the night and grow and naix's rage" (With 600 range agi and good stat gain)

Yeh -- no

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Because you can Counter pick someone with "hunter in the night and grow and naix's rage" (With 600 range agi and good stat gain)

Yeh -- no
    See but this build requires 3 skills. The point is that with DWS you just need any direct damage spell or stun and you automatically win your lane/the game.

Auto-win spells when drafted with DWS:

Any instant-cast stun, especially if it has AoE (avalanche, storm hammer)
    Nether ward
    Nether blast
    Tombstone
    Decay
    Treants/demonic conversion
    Rocket flare
    Diablolic edict
    Aftershock combos
    Quill spray
    Fury swipes
    Mist coil
    Death pulse
    Sacrifice
    Ice path

Did I miss any other stupidly-OP skills?