Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Meepo from AD

Remove Meepo from AD

The main implication of including Meepo in AD is the inclusion of his ultimate, Divided we Stand (DWS). This ability tops both Rearm and Multicast in power as it is available from level 2 and grows up to 5 subsequent casts of any ability. With a small amount of micro (Q -> tab -> Q -> tab -> etc), any player is able to throw out 5 nukes, 5 reliable stuns, 5 mirana arrows, 5 Tombstones, 5 Shrapnel... the list goes on. Keep in mind that boots are shared, so with the purchase of Mana Boots the controller effectively has unlimited mana.

DWS is always first pick material, and obtaining it guarantees an extremely high win rate without the requirement of any creative or interesting spell combinations. While there are other extremely powerful spells out there (Grow/Chemical Rage/Firey soul come to mind), they are dwarfed in comparison to DWS.

Possible Solutions:
    1) Remove Meepo from AD. This is a little rash but the easiest and quickest solution to implement.
    2) Disassociate the abilities from the heroes in play. By this I mean select a pool of X abilities AT RANDOM from abilities allowed in this game mode. This would allow valve to blacklist specific abilities such as DWS.

"But AD is a game mode just for fun!"
    - Correct, the game mode is a fun alternative to the normal DotA format. However, adding in an ability that guarantees a win for one team simply ruins the fun of 5 others before the game even starts. Believe it or not there are some people that enjoy this game move over traditional DotA. Communities have exited for this game mode in original DotA under the names of "OMG DotA" and "LoD", Divided we Stand was purposefully not implemented in either of these game modes.

Please reconsider including this hero's abilities in AD, DWS is far too powerful!!
    Last edited by Hive; 03-05-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: More informative OP

I'm pretty sure they are looking for ways to add every hero in there.

Only because you don't see any use for his skills doesn't mean he is bad, except for his ulti.
    Please, just call me buny.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are looking for ways to add every hero in there.

Only because you don't see any use for his skills doesn't mean he is bad, except for his ulti.
    In "OMG DotA", the predecessor to this game mode, there were certain abilities that were never in the pool... such as divided we stand. While I understand that AD is a "fun" game mode, adding in completely broken abilities is not a good idea!

If Valve truly wishes to add every hero, then it needs to be done properly. Pick a set of random heroes for players to use, pick a set of X skills (independent of who the heroes are for the players), and do not include certain skills (divided we stand as one of them).

My post is not only about the lackluster power of meepo's skills without his ultimate, but the ramifications of adding him in along with his skill set (not to mention his model is pretty poor). I'm all ears for you to show me some creative/useful combinations involving Poof, Geostrike, or Earthbind without having Divided we stand.

Basic Member
    if meepo doesnt pick any tanky powers, he will be a failure, like disruptor most games.

It never was in DotA1, because it simply was just too complicated to add that ulti into the mode... it wasn't because of balance reasons.
    No one ever bother to adapt that spell to AD. it'd require a version of that spell for every single hero in the game.

And his model has the 30% magic resistane advantage, so you can go tanky build easier with him than with others.

Also Geostrike is quite good, especially on ranged hero.
    Ranged hero with Geo Strike+ an illusion spell can slow you just as much as original Meepo can, since illus have fully functional Geostrike.
    Please, just call me buny.

They're working on fixing the bugs and AD is an imbalanced mode no matter what you do.

Basic Member
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    It never was in DotA1, because it simply was just too complicated to add that ulti into the mode... it wasn't because of balance reasons.
    No one ever bother to adapt that spell to AD. it'd require a version of that spell for every single hero in the game.
    Just curious, do you have a source for this or are you assuming that it is the case?

Also Geostrike is quite good, especially on ranged hero.
    Ranged hero with Geo Strike+ an illusion spell can slow you just as much as original Meepo can, since illus have fully functional Geostrike.
    Ok so Geostrike is decent so long as you have an illusion skill. How about poof, got any useful situations for that?

Basic Member
    Divided We Stand is extremely overpowered in this mode. People can mass tombstones, spam graves, infinite stun lock, etc. It's nearly impossible to win against a decent player. Meepo doesn't need to be removed from ability draft, but there should be some kind of limit to his ult.

It should simply be "blacklisted" in the mode. Regardless of why OMG DotA didn't have meepo's ult, it was widely accepted as a "good idea".