Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: All "Favorite Heroes" Gone, Can't Reselect Them

I had problems with tide kill assists gem... They just didn't count at all

It was working for me again yesterday, now it's broken again today.

Basic Member
    still the same problem here..

it works sometimes but then it's gone again. Fix this permanently please! So annoying! 2 updates already since this problem started and still not fixed!

Basic Member
    HEY. i found a "work around". its not a fix because you have to delete a file after every time you close the game. the file

cache_91012040.soc
    @
    steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota

is being created every time i play. if i delete that file. BAM, next time i play i have my favorites. this is the first time this has worked for me at all (other than reistalling) since this problem started almost 2 weeks ago. now you know where the problem is at valve! fix it please!

Basic Member
    script for a batch file i just made to delete that file then launch game:

del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cache_91012040.soc"
    explorer.exe "steam://rungameid/570"

Basic Member
    btw the numbers after the word cache will be different for everyone. but others confirmed this worked for them on the steam forums. it wont cause a download in steam when deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by styxmatt View Post
    HEY. i found a "work around". its not a fix because you have to delete a file after every time you close the game. the file

cache_91012040.soc
    @
    steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota

is being created every time i play. if i delete that file. BAM, next time i play i have my favorites. this is the first time this has worked for me at all (other than reistalling) since this problem started almost 2 weeks ago. now you know where the problem is at valve! fix it please!

Basic Member
    got back from vacation last night, updated the game and seems to be fixed .. waited till this morning to try again and after a few game launches still no trouble!

Basic Member
    THIS HAS RETURNED AFTER SO LONG. And I found my old solution. Thanks me, that was helpful. BUT WAIT, IT DOESN'T WORK. Oh, I see, the file has just moved to another directory for some reason. What in the world is going on around here! Anyway, it has moved FROM

Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\

TO

Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\

the name of the file is still cache_XXXXXXXX.soc where the X's are some numbers. Time to make a new batch file... *sigh*
    Last edited by styxmatt; 03-28-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Problem occurring here too another great dota patch... breaking things that already worked