Thread: Fixed drop rate for unusual drops

Fixed drop rate for unusual drops

Hi

I am writing this just to share my thoughts on the subject of uncrating treasure boxes.
    I am really happy with the new no duplicate approach and actually including sets in treasure chests.
    Makes the whole unboxing experience a little more rewarding and better. Now i would actually like valve to add a Guaranteed drop rate for unusuals. ( ie ; 1/100 chests--- this is just an example. this number better be left to the staff to decide. )

I think this would actually benefit the people who want to get couriers and can't for whatever reason go to an event.I also do not like the whole idea of buying couriers from other people as that would take the whole fun and personal attachment of that particular courier away hence not making it as nice as an experience as unboxing it yourself.

I know most of you will say but that would reduce the price of unusuals - but if you have looked at the market recently you will see that most unusuals are about 10-30 usd now ...which is really silly and cheap anyway.
    furthermore valve is starting to give a lot of usuals like the new sharbark at 45 usd with that silly looking doll as well and i can only imagine the 50 usd immortal tI courier trend will likely continue in ti4 as well.

So my main point here is why would valve only guarantee or reward people who buy items from their stores. Why not reward people who actually spend a lot of money on chests for a change. ( make them happy for once) not just the people who get to attend events. To be clear here i'm not asking valve to give like 20 unusuals in 50 treasure chests opened. I m just simply asking for a fixed drop rate of 1 in 100 to be implemented.

And i think 1 courier in 100 chests is not exactly a very profitable scenario but at least it would make the person a little happy. a consolation prize if you will for opening a set number of boxes without getting any special item.

I for one really like the unusuals i get and don't sell them unless its boar .So profiting from uncrates is not my main motive. its just that it really hurts when some 1 uncrates 500 boxes and gets only 1 courier and when you compare it to someone who just buys 2 shirts or a silly looking doll and is guaranteed an unusual.

I am not that guy who unboxed 1/500 . but i know people who have unboxed and never really gotten anything good. I know its a gamble it is intended to be a gamble. All i am asking is to put a cap on it. and make it less of a gamble. after all this is just a game and there are lots of kids under the ages of 18 who should not be allowed to gamble in this way with their money.

would a fixed drop rate be a bad idea?
    would like to hear more thoughts on this subject.
    I do apologize for any english errors made.

No duplicate? Does it means that when you open a box, it checks if you already have items you could possibly get from it and then rules it out?

If thats how it works isnt that abusable? What if I get 10 of the same box, open them to get all the possible items that box can give me...will the next one be forced to give me the unusual/unlikely/mythical item?
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    No duplicate? Does it means that when you open a box, it checks if you already have items you could possibly get from it and then rules it out?

If thats how it works isnt that abusable? What if I get 10 of the same box, open them to get all the possible items that box can give me...will the next one be forced to give me the unusual/unlikely/mythical item?
    The current system goes like this, whenever you open a box, you won't get duplicate items for items you already own, unless you already own every possible item in the box, then it will give you a random item. What OP meant is for the system to have a fixed drop rate for the bonus very rare items that you can receive when opening a box (e.g. mostly couriers, some mythical stuffs). Actually I'm not sure if there is already a fixed drop rate for the bonus rare stuffs, I think it might already be implemented.

P.S. Only opened 1 box with a key in my entire 2 years of d2, got a Drake with Lotus Blossom / Blossom Red gem. Only ever opened 1 lockless luckbox, got a Kunkka Shadow Blade b4 auspicious items were released. Man am I super lucky

Im getting common items for every level up.
    Better not give me any item than those common stuff for levelling.

The game was actually better before beta. Servers are loaded most of the time. Disconnects are regular.
    Region matching still fucked up.

Rares now are ultra rares, Mithycal are now supermithycals, legendarys are now Mistyclegendarys, arcana/unusual are now "You never gonna get this shit".