Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5k+ MMR at level 13?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cojiro View Post
    So, what's your MMR currently then??? Are you like a 2-3k MMR player, or 4k??? I really doubt a 2-3k MMR player could hit 5k from just a new account. If you're 4k+ then maybe it's possible.

Thanks,
    --Ryan
    My MMR is around 3700. Most of the matches I lose is because the team is kinda bad (my opinion, of course)

So, I should play normal matchmaking or coop games until I get level 13?
    Last edited by bomblader; 03-06-2014 at 10:19 AM.

I can't believe this thread. what makes you think that if you start a new account you won't get where you are with ur actual account? There is no conspiracy against you, it is how it is, a flawed system.
    "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
    "I don't play the odds, I play the man."
    "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men, just want to watch the world burn."
    "Luck is the last dying wish of those who wanna believe that winning can happen by accident."

Quote Originally Posted by bomblader View Post
    My MMR is around 3700. Most of the matches I lose is because the team is kinda bad (my opinion, of course)

most of them dont have a single clue how to dota,

i said : we need supports, pick cm .

but she playing like a carry , farming , not warding and ganking.

a support is a role meant to be played not a specific hero's roles, just because u pick int heroes, that does not mean u r supporting.
    its just many int heroes are suitable to be played supports way.

based on my experience , most of them dont know that.

fuck you im already supporting , when in post game statistics, they are obviously having more last hits than our carry.

If you're 4k+ then maybe it's possible.
    An huge problem with MMR is that yes, there are many 4k+ players who could achieve 5k on a blank account. Some of those players could keep it there above 5k. The problem is that in the mid range MMR, 4k-5k, it does not differentiate between the players who could be 5k, and those who could never reach 5k. They are all together. Very similarly to that at all the mid ranges until you get to about 3k, then the variance of players drops significantly. But at any given time there are players could could be playing with players at least 500 MMR above their current MMR and play as the players around that MMR do. (I have not ever seen players below 3k, or at least in a very long time. I would guess there are fundamental reasons why they are that low, like they ragequit at the drop of a hat, they don't understand the game fully, they don't really play the game much, whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    No, it uses your unranked MMR as a starting point. In his case, he had no unranked MMR because he didn't play any unranked games on those new accounts. So for him, his first ranked match treated him as an "average" player with 3K MMR.
    Average isnt 3k its more 2250-2500

--> This is by the stats posted by Valve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

brother i lost 26 game in two days is MMR
    42 min Magnus Only bottle and i was beyondgodlike game and finaly we lost game for magnus .....

anyway system MMR is Shit
    dont be mad
    my Rank was 4k and in two days 3500k

Quote Originally Posted by bomblader View Post

If you say your team is bad I'm guessing you play solo. You really can't expect anything from random people. I don't think you'd hit 5k and I don't think you need to either. My party MMR is from playing with 4 close friends, two have low 3k MMR and two have high 3 nearly 4k MMR. Usually average 70-85% wr per month with them, and it can be as a 2, 3 or 4 stack. Solo queue is just a mad free for all, most people have their own agenda and could care less about the team - it's just too dysfunctional for me to even bother with it.

Anyways my main point is get off solo queue, this is a team game and you need some reg friends to play it with to find your true max potential.

My stream - Mon-Fri Pacific Evenings 8pm
    If you're new and want tips PM me, or come to my stream. If you want to add me on steam feel free.

Banned
    So, what's your MMR currently then??? Are you like a 2-3k MMR player, or 4k??? I really doubt a 2-3k MMR player could hit 5k from just a new account. If you're 4k+ then maybe it's possible.

Thanks,
    --Ryan
    Even of you come from lol , you can follow this steps
    Get lvl 13 playing vs bots
    Enter ranked game set asia server languaje portugese queue with 9 bots dodge every game if you're not matched with your bots , enjoy your almost 7k mmr

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fytspike View Post
    Even of you come from lol , you can follow this steps
    Get lvl 13 playing vs bots
    Enter ranked game set asia server languaje portugese queue with 9 bots dodge every game if you're not matched with your bots , enjoy your almost 7k mmr
    This is both hilariously spot on and incredibly sad to witness in such a competitive and big game like this, but then again, I'm still hopeful it'll get fixed soon and that they've been working on it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Infer View Post
    This is both hilariously spot on and incredibly sad to witness in such a competitive and big game like this, but then again, I'm still hopeful it'll get fixed soon and that they've been working on it
    This is realy easy to fix.
    First set public stats for everyone no matter what
    Second pay atention on every single report
    thirth add a new option in report "Smurf"
    four Track and ban everysingle account on that ip