Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Omniknight healing radius and damage radius is smaller than in dota 1

Basic Member

[Fixed] Omniknight healing radius and damage radius is smaller than in dota 1

as title mentioned

Basic Member
    Healing radious?

Basic Member
    reopened and added to sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder
    I have found an issue with omniknight's healing in dota 2, it checks for unit collision radius where it shouldn't. It should be a 250 AoE around the centre of the target unit, not effected by any unit's collision size but only their unit centre. Playdota lists 225 AoE, probably as most skills use 225 + 24 (collision), but I tested comparing to storm's remnant's range in Dota 2 against a naga, where omniknight's heal should hit and the remnant shouldn't trigger. I found that the opposite was true, the remnant triggered but the heal didn't hit, so it's incorrectly checking for collision, shorter in all cases.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    Should probably retitle the OP and add my quote there rather than in 3rd post (so that it doesn't mention a healing radius...)

This also explains why the AoE felt so small, it's probably suffering from two bugs here. The -24 range on skills and it being 25 less than it should to compensate, making it extremely weak vs naga in particular.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 10-15-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Wouldn't be this related to the popular -25 range on spell range bug/missport? If I recall correctly, it also affects pretty visibly Mirana's Starstorm I would assume every small AOE and spell with very short cast range.

It most defiantly is related to the -25 range on spells. But it is also casting too short to begin with since it should outrange storm spirits overcharge. In dota 1 it was hitting 250 units away. In dota 2 it is hitting 200 units away. Would be 225 without the spell range bug. But including the bug of its own its hitting an extra 25 short. Probably actually hitting 48 units short since unit radius is 24.
    LoL = Checkers. DoTa = Chess.

Basic Member
    any video for compare?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOG View Post
    It most defiantly is related to the -25 range on spells. But it is also casting too short to begin with since it should outrange storm spirits overcharge. In dota 1 it was hitting 250 units away. In dota 2 it is hitting 200 units away. Would be 225 without the spell range bug. But including the bug of its own its hitting an extra 25 short. Probably actually hitting 48 units short since unit radius is 24.
    It should only outrange storm spirit's remnant (TRIGGER AoE, not DAMAGE AoE) on naga, not on normal collision units. It outranges on both atm in dota2. It should be a 250 aoe around omniknight, affecting only units whose centres are within this 250 aoe, not just any part of their collision circle (from my DotA tests). Currently it's a normal 225 AoE skill, making it less effective against creeps and small collision units such as naga.

I will upload some videos soon to show what I mean, the dota 2 test is kind of iffy because of no -setxy being available, but it can be done.

Shows that omniknight's heal is slightly smaller than it should be (if you can see it with the crappy quality... )
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 10-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.

So its only 24 units smaller? I was confused then because it seemed like you were suggesting that it has another bug that makes it even smaller than the already discovered spell bug / AoE radius / Aura bug.

Now that I read what you said first (quoted by blash) and what you just said again it seems like you might be confused too. Because you said two opposite things.

"the remnant triggered but the heal didn't hit, so it's incorrectly checking for collision, shorter in all cases." from blashs' post and from what you just said.

"It should only outrange storm spirit's remnant (TRIGGER AoE, not DAMAGE AoE) on naga, not on normal collision units. It outranges on both atm in dota2."

First you said that it is shorter in all cases. Then you said it outranges both. So I am officially confused since you confirmed two opposite interactions with the same spell.

I think in Dota 1 the heal outranges the trigger of remnant but in Dota 2 it does not. In Dota 1 his heal is 250 AoE around Omniknight. In Dota 2 it is a 225 AoE around Omniknight and with the spell bug it is only hitting at 200 range.

You can test this with templar assassin. Level her psi blades once (200 range) get her in range, use omniknights heal. The heal will trigger damage on templar. Move her ~1 unit away and trigger omni's heal. Templar will not be damaged.

Even playdota lists omniknights heal damage radius as 225. http://www.playdota.com/heroes/omniknight#skill160 So the only reason its hitting for 250 in Dota 1 is because of unit collision size? And they're not taking that into account in Dota 2.

And to that end I am guessing that storm spirits remnant is triggering at 211 since it is supposed to trigger at 235. You can test 235 range with Tiny an ultimate scepter. Tinys' attack range is 235 with scepter. Get him to max range on Storm Spirit. Activate remnant, remnant wont trigger at 235 range.
    Last edited by AvatarOG; 10-17-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    LoL = Checkers. DoTa = Chess.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOG View Post
    So its only 24 units smaller? I was confused then because it seemed like you were suggesting that it has another bug that makes it even smaller than the already discovered spell bug / AoE radius / Aura bug.

Now that I read what you said first (quoted by blash) and what you just said again it seems like you might be confused too. Because you said two opposite things.

"the remnant triggered but the heal didn't hit, so it's incorrectly checking for collision, shorter in all cases." from blashs' post and from what you just said.

"It should only outrange storm spirit's remnant (TRIGGER AoE, not DAMAGE AoE) on naga, not on normal collision units. It outranges on both atm in dota2."

First you said that it is shorter in all cases. Then you said it outranges both. So I am officially confused since you confirmed two opposite interactions with the same spell.
    It is 1 to 25 units shorter than it should be (1 unit for units with 24 collision, and 25 for units with no collision), if you don't consider the -24 range bug. I was referring to it ALWAYS being shorter than in wc3 DotA... "incorrectly checking for collision..." with a 25 larger AoE and checking for unit centre it has a larger AoE than it does with 225 and checking just for any part of the unit circle, so that's the point I'm trying to make.

For the second quote watch the video, it proves that purify should outrange static remnant against a naga, but it does not.