Thread: Aghanin on Storm Spirit.

Aghanin on Storm Spirit.

Is this the place to do it?
    Anyway, aghanin on storm could do a few things, maybe even a mix of them.
    Limit the maximum mana spent on a jump from storm (but stop the jump after some point to avoid cross-screen action**).
    +
    Reduce the mana spent and increase damage/aoe from ulti + overload, maybe turn it into pure + pierce magic immunity.
    +
    Grant an activate ability that cost 0 mana and has like ~10 second cooldown, an instant cast (or maybe 0.1~0.2 cast point) ball lightning jump with 1.500~2000 maximum range (no damage) for scapes / cases where storm is out of mana.
    I mean, nowdays it's really hard to have mana to jump in and out, or if you do so, you instantly run out of mana; unless your snowballing the game/really late game.
    Storm Spirit should be one of the hardest to catch heroes but he can only do so while being helped by ezalor, omni, abaddon maybe OD etc. With the natural speed up pace proccess of dota 2 over dota 1 (much smaller map) players can jump really far for 0 mana with blink dagger and catch storm unless you make like a 3000 range jump into the fog while using teleport scroll.... SS could also make a blink dagger (hello Dendi), but imho it costs one important item slot and possibly damage/hp/mana from other items that would validate his mid/late game usefulness.

**Important: storm spirit should have an option to cancel the jump in the air, because if you miss click/decide to cancel or get teleported back for some reason (stupid IO on team ha-ha, it's on fails of the week) while clicking to jump simultaneously... you may end up doing a huge jump that was not intended but you simply can't cancel it, why? Spirit breaker can cancel his charge, simple Stop button function, SS should have one too!
    Last edited by HaVoKeR_1st; 04-01-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Aghanim's scepter is where some of the coolest mechanics are added to the game, i do wonder what they would do for storm spirit, you can begin by thinking about what other agh upgrades have done in the past. They're usually extremely cool, like eyes in the forest or enchant renmant or very boring with cost reduction with damage increase, storm is part of the three spirits now so maybe it would make sense if remnants were involved in the upgrade.
    You're in the wrong section by the way, (Dota 2 Economy)
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    if remnants were involved in the upgrade.
    You're in the wrong section by the way, (Dota 2 Economy)
    As you were talking about previous stuff i thought about the remnants too!
    Yes, something like, Aghs: New ability: 10 secs CD, you can Balllightning move to a remnant, 0.2 cast point, doesn't require to turn, 0 mana. Your remnant mana cost is reduced to 20 and they last for 24 seconds.
    Also can you post me the correct link?

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoKeR_1st View Post
    As you were talking about previous stuff i thought about the remnants too!
    Yes, something like, Aghs: New ability: 10 secs CD, you can Balllightning move to a remnant, 0.2 cast point, doesn't require to turn, 0 mana. Your remnant mana cost is reduced to 20 and they last for 24 seconds.
    Also can you post me the correct link?
    Ember spirit has that effect as his ultimates (create remnants and then teleport to them). Ask a moderator to move your thread to the right place, (he'll likely put you in misc)
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

Yes i thought about that using ember spirit but this version is much more powerful (as it takes an aghanin slot) i think, except that ember already has a faster cast and dont need to turn? i don't remember.

Anyway, the aghanin should adress storm spirit difficult mana management somehow that makes even pros run out of it most of the time after battles (or just trying to scape, rly, lol) and dying horribly. Maybe his ulti needs a rework first; with distance limitation, mana cost reduction and hability to cancel mid-jump, are really belated to 6.83 meta... also it needs more reliability when jumping from edges (wasting mana and staying in the same place because of bad pathing) although i haven't seen much of this anymore.

How i ask an moderator?