Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting distribution of AD games

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    No, it doesn't solve anything.

You can still play 5 AD matches and get 10th to pick or 2nd to pick no matter which team you are on.

The drafting is flawed. It is literally the worse drafting I have seen in dota.
    It solves the radiant always having the huge first pick bonus

Just curious, do you have any ideas for how it could be improved? The only reason that first pick is so strong is because key abilities like Grow, Chemical Rage, Shukuchi, Permanent Invisibility, and (of course I wouldn't forget) Divided we Stand. This advantage was in OMG DotA when I used to play that a lot, so I guess I am just used to it.

make it truely random and dont care about stacks?
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

I think the 1-2-2-2-2-1 style of picking, like in RD, would equalize things out slightly. The OPness of the first pick is balanced by the opponents getting 2nd/3rd pick. After everyone gets a pick, the order is reversed.

I still think that firstpick should alternate between radiant/dire though..

Quote Originally Posted by Heh_ View Post
    I think the 1-2-2-2-2-1 style of picking, like in RD, would equalize things out slightly.
    Interesting idea, could be effective.

Sacrifice. Sacrifice. Sacrifice. Depicted below you can see the 5 members of Alliance making a sacrifice to the DotA gods before TI3.
    Is that EE?

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    It solves the radiant always having the huge first pick bonus

Just curious, do you have any ideas for how it could be improved? The only reason that first pick is so strong is because key abilities like Grow, Chemical Rage, Shukuchi, Permanent Invisibility, and (of course I wouldn't forget) Divided we Stand. This advantage was in OMG DotA when I used to play that a lot, so I guess I am just used to it.
    It doesn't solve anything because you will still have the chance to be in 2nd pick team 5 times consecutively and leave -AD for good.

Things that are wrong with current drafting:
    - Interface is bad. Even if you are some uber pro from Dota1 LoD, you will certainly lose the first match because you have no idea what is going on with the interface.
    - You essentially have 5 seconds to look at all skills, decide one and click on it. Don't tell me you have a long time (unless it is at the beginning of a new phase) cause each person picking before you changes your available options and thus the strategies available to you.
    - if you try to think of a good combo, you will certainly not get it cause a key spell of your combo has extremely high chance of being picked by your enemy (or your ally for that matter).
    - luck-fest. 'nuff said.
    - no fun. The skill set is extremely limited and not being able to choose a model creates hp/mana regen/pool issues.

Here is how it should be:
    - Each player gets x number (x/3 str, x/3 agi, x/3 int) of hero models to choose from. X can be 6 or 9. 15 seconds.
    - Then each player gets all spells of those heroes to pick from. The interface should be similar to RD but each player has their own hero pool. To pick a spell, player clicks on hero avatar/card and available skills (from that hero) show up. Click and select.
    This phase should be a 1-2-2-2-2-1 drafting mode. Repeated 4 times. Similar to current AD drafting.

You get 30 seconds initially to decide on spells. Then everyone gets 5 seconds to pick one skill in turns (like current AD).

Why draft with 5 seconds similar to AD? Why this is better than current one?
    This one allows you to design your combo and has the option to counter your opponent if you prefer. It will also not mess your whole hero up if you wanted to pick a crucial skill that you need for your combo when the ally/enemy just before you picks it and you get 5 seconds to realize you are screwed.

EDIT:

EXAMPLE

T1P1 gets: es, centaur, razor, veno, zeus, enchy.
    T1P2 ...
    T2P1 gets: ck, ns, spec, vs, lina, cm
    T2P2 ...

T1P1 picks Cent
    T1P2 ...
    T2P1 picks Lina
    T2P2 ...

T1P1 has a spell pool of 24 spells from es, centaur, razor, veno, zeus, enchy.
    T1P2 ...
    T2P1 has a spell pool of 24 spells from ck, ns, spec, vs, lina, cm.
    T2P2 ...

Drafting begins:

T1P1 picks fissure

T2P1 picks chaos bolt
    T2P2 ...

T1P2 ...
    T1P3 ...

Last edited by CvP; 03-11-2014 at 08:24 AM.

- Each player gets x number (x/3 str, x/3 agi, x/3 int) of hero models to choose from. X can be 6 or 9. 15 seconds.
    - Then each player gets all spells of those heroes to pick from. The interface should be similar to RD but each player has their own hero pool. To pick a spell, player clicks on hero avatar/card and available skills (from that hero) show up. Click and select.
    This phase should be a 1-2-2-2-2-1 drafting mode. Repeated 4 times. Similar to current AD drafting.

You get 30 seconds initially to decide on spells. Then everyone gets 5 seconds to pick one skill in turns (like current AD).

This one allows you to design your combo and has the option to counter your opponent if you prefer. It will also not mess your whole hero up if you wanted to pick a crucial skill that you need for your combo when the ally/enemy just before you picks it and you get 5 seconds to realize you are screwed.
    I need some clarification to understand what you mean. At first it sounds like everyone gets to pick whatever skills they want from the pool. Then it goes back to drafting something which is where the disconnect for me is.

It doesn't solve anything because you will still have the chance to be in 2nd pick team 5 times consecutively and leave -AD for good.
    It does solve something, Radiant always having a huge advantage. It does not solve the issue that you are talking about.

+1 for CvP.
    If i got it right, he wants a draft hero in fron of choose spell.
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I need some clarification to understand what you mean. At first it sounds like everyone gets to pick whatever skills they want from the pool. Then it goes back to drafting something which is where the disconnect for me is.
    Yes, everyone gets their own hero and skill pools but they still have to go thru a quick draft.
    This means, for example, if you see your enemy picking mass invis spells, you can counter with some invis detection spell or pick more aoe skills (if you have those available and if you are quick/intelligent enough to make those decisions).

It does solve something, Radiant always having a huge advantage. It does not solve the issue that you are talking about.
    It solves a problem that doesn't matter: radiant advantage.
    The core issue is: one side has huge advantage which is not fixed.

When you get randomly assigned to whatever side for 5 games but get first pick (or 2nd) anyways, you have a huge advantage (or disadvantage). So you are just morphing the issue instead of fixing it.