Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Interesting distribution of AD games

  1. #51
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    128
    Idk what everyone is talking about.. It's well known that rad has a higher win rate because of the way its set up. Even pro casters talk about it sometimes.

  2. #52
    Basic Member Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Patch Anticipation Station
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcodehpr01 View Post
    Idk what everyone is talking about.. It's well known that rad has a higher win rate because of the way its set up. Even pro casters talk about it sometimes.
    Kappa?

    In AD, radiant has higher win rate because blue always gets first pick and skills like DWS, chemical rage, perm invis, and grow (among others) all can have a huge influence on the outcome of the game.

  3. #53
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    47
    I would like to see that If there are 80 heroes in AD right now, that each player is given a set of 8 random heroes... individually... and then they choose from those 8 each... this is more in line with LoD and yes you're going to see some op shit come out, but at the same time LoD was very competitive, this can be the exact same!

  4. #54
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcodehpr01 View Post
    Idk what everyone is talking about.. It's well known that rad has a higher win rate because of the way its set up. Even pro casters talk about it sometimes.
    You are wrong. In -cm Dir has a higher win rate (mostly due to Roshan, better offlane for Clockwerk, better safe lane for creep pulling, better access to Runes for the solo mid, etc). In fact, it is very common for pros to pick Dir when the tournament allows them to pick side (1st pick to a team, pick side to the other team).

  5. #55
    Basic Member Heh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuave_1234 View Post
    You are wrong. In -cm Dir has a higher win rate (mostly due to Roshan, better offlane for Clockwerk, better safe lane for creep pulling, better access to Runes for the solo mid, etc). In fact, it is very common for pros to pick Dir when the tournament allows them to pick side (1st pick to a team, pick side to the other team).
    Do you have any source for the CM quote? The only statistics that I'm familiar with point to radiant having an overall advantage, especially <40mins.

    Btw most teams favor radiant. The only teams that intentionally picked dire were Alliance and DK, and that was in 6.78. Once 6.79 rolled around, they stopped doing that.

  6. #56
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    712
    I can confirm that the distribution in which i was almost always the first pick is fixed. Now its totally random.

  7. #57
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Heh_ View Post
    Do you have any source for the CM quote? The only statistics that I'm familiar with point to radiant having an overall advantage, especially <40mins.

    Btw most teams favor radiant. The only teams that intentionally picked dire were Alliance and DK, and that was in 6.78. Once 6.79 rolled around, they stopped doing that.
    This is from TI3: http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/201...-sides-at-ti3/

    While there are teams that prefere Radiant for specific reasons (like NaVi) the bast majority of them prefere Dire over Radiant.

  8. #58
    Basic Member Heh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuave_1234 View Post
    This is from TI3: http://dotametrics.wordpress.com/201...-sides-at-ti3/

    While there are teams that prefere Radiant for specific reasons (like NaVi) the bast majority of them prefere Dire over Radiant.
    ..... which is extremely outdated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •