Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting distribution of AD games

Interesting distribution of AD games

After playing a bunch of AD games, I noticed a few things that could be described as "unusual", so I decided to compile the results of all my AD games on one account:

36 games aren't many, but certain trends are pretty obvious:

1: I'm pink in 33% of my games, and blue/pink in 50% of all games. It's good to have first/second pick, but first pick is much more important due to the effect of hugely overpowered firstpicks, which leads into my second point:

2: I have a 80% winrate as radiant, and about 50% as dire. The radiant-side advantage is huge, as I've mentioned. I wonder how the global winrate compares... The discrepancy in winrate is quite important, because of the following point:

3: I play more games (58%) as dire. Why =(

Interesting statistics, the frequency that you are pink/blue is very odd. Do you usually solo queue?

Honestly I think that the picking phase should be mixed up a little.

Some possible ways to do that;

1) Randomly pick which team gets first pick.

2) Add in a hero draft section of the game where players draft models. Picking should be in the inverse order that models were drafted in. This way the dude who drafts tree protector does not also get Divided we Stand.

3) Mix up the order so that it is not always left to right. This might be a little confusing though...

100% solo queue. I'm playing on a smurf (that should have a lower MMR), but I'm not sure if I subscribe to the belief that longer queue times = blue/pink. I've been blue/pink even with <5 second queue times. I start groaning when I get pink (which happens too frequently, as you can see) and start praying that DWS/perma invis isn't in the pool or blue is too dumb to pick those skills.

I agree that picking should be randomized. Each player having a 10% chance for first-pick would be good, but it might make the draft order confusing. I don't mind if blue/pink each had a 50% chance of first-pick, which would remove the radiant advantage but still keeping draft order easily understood.

As for hero base models, I'm okay with getting random models, although I wish that it would use reverse-CM rules: At least 1 str/dex/int hero, with at least 1 ranged.

Pink is the worst, first person to not get DWS :P

You know how every thread on reddit about some stupid DWS combo comes from a player who's 4th-6th pick? Yeah, fuck them. I've never ever seen DWS skipped by blue.

I used to play LoD a lot. But this -AD in dota2 is extremely anti-fun. This mode has been turned in to a luck-fest in the name of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    I used to play LoD a lot. But this -AD in dota2 is extremely anti-fun. This mode has been turned in to a luck-fest in the name of balance.
    +1

Read this suggestion. IMO a separate hero pool for every player (like LoD -D2) would fix this.

to add: Worst scenario is when you are a blue int/str hero and pink has a ranged agi hero, but Essence Shift is in the pool and you have to get a shit skill just to deny theirs, expect him to be dumb or get massacred. Happened to me, this mode is even more frustrating than normal dota for me at the moment.
    Last edited by Noya; 03-10-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    IDK about you (or the broader population of AD players), but the luckfest depends on whether I'm on radiant/dire, and it seems that RNGesus keeps giving me dire -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Heh_ View Post
    it seems that RNGesus keeps giving me dire -_-
    Sacrifice. Sacrifice. Sacrifice. Depicted below you can see the 5 members of Alliance making a sacrifice to the DotA gods before TI3.

But to stay on topic, making the first pick random between radiant and dire seems like a simple fix for the huge radiant advantage of AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    But to stay on topic, making the first pick random between radiant and dire seems like a simple fix for the huge radiant advantage of AD.
    No, it doesn't solve anything.

You can still play 5 AD matches and get 10th to pick or 2nd to pick no matter which team you are on.

The drafting is flawed. It is literally the worse drafting I have seen in dota.