Thread: Can I submit an dota2 AI script?

Basic Member

Lightbulb Can I submit an dota2 AI script?

My friends make a dota2 AI script, which improves some AI's behavior(such as fixing bugs that Sand King cannot buy Mantle correctly).
    We can use the script in a local dota2 game against AI, but we hope the script can be applied to the game mode "Cooperation Against Bots".
    How can I submit the script?

Basic Member
    There's been countless people that have made many great improvements to the bots, myself included, but quite frankly Valve doesn't care. If they really wished to improve the bots, they could do so massively in about a day of work on their own, or less than 5 minutes if they want to just copy/paste from the plethora that people have posted here.
    They haven't updated the bots in a year, and if any update is gonna come it's probably gonna be a Dota 2 SDK which allows making AI's from scratch, they're not gonna do the work themselves that's for damn sure.

Basic Member
    Thanks. What if I give suggestion through Steam Support? Does it work?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yyffance View Post
    My friends make a dota2 AI script, which improves some AI's behavior(such as fixing bugs that Sand King cannot buy Mantle correctly).
    We can use the script in a local dota2 game against AI, but we hope the script can be applied to the game mode "Cooperation Against Bots".
    How can I submit the script?
    bro what do u mean you have the AI script? if i'm not wrong then u can use the script to allow more heroes to be played by bots? (sorry i'm noob, dont shout if i am wrong)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusade3892 View Post
    bro what do u mean you have the AI script? if i'm not wrong then u can use the script to allow more heroes to be played by bots? (sorry i'm noob, dont shout if i am wrong)
    He just means an edited npc_heroes.txt.