Thread: Nukers in late game

Banned

Nukers in late game

i really enjoy playing nuking heroes, but the problem that i've stumbled on is that in late game they suck. Are there any nukers(besides zeus and invoker) that can scale into late game? Maybe buying dagon helps? or items like veil/orchid/ghost scepter?

Basic Member
    The best way is to finish the match before late game. But if you are already in the late game, then it depends on the situation. Personally I prefer to get support items, like Scythe of Vyse if the game goes into late phase. That way you can still be useful, even without killing potential. Also, if you can't kill with one hit, it doesn't mean that you are useless.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    i really enjoy playing nuking heroes, but the problem that i've stumbled on is that in late game they suck. Are there any nukers(besides zeus and invoker) that can scale into late game? Maybe buying dagon helps? or items like veil/orchid/ghost scepter?
    Try Ethereal blade + Dagon combo... and maybe Veil of discord? Refresh orb?
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

Hey, I noticed that carries suck early game... well no shit.

Nukers scale into the late game by getting early kills and controlling the game early. Not by farming and getting items. The harder you control early game the harder you scale. If you are't flash farming with your nuker, you are doing something wrong (meaning you shouldnt be farming if you don't absolutely need to).

Basic Member
    One of the few nukers that scale into late game is Lina.

There are numerous other heroes available but you'll find that what you're looking for is mostly early game dominance that can still work in late game:
    1. A nuking hero (Early game dominance)...
    2. That has Stun (Early - Mid)...
    3. And can transition into semi-carry/carry (Late game DPS?)

Lina's main ability at late game is her Right Click Attacks enhanced by her third ability.

You can play Lina as a hard support and transition into semi-carry (when your team is retarded). General items you need are:

Early Game:
    Boots of Speed, Magic Wand, Bracer (If you're getting killed too much, can build into Drums! good for her)

Mid Game - Get these items
    Arcane Boots or Threads, Force Staff or Shadow Blade (Only against noobs in lower MMRs)

Late Game
    Monkey King Bar (Fast attack speed procs the mini bash stun plus hits heroes with evasion)
    Crystalys/Daedalus (Good for the crit damage)
    Black King Bar (For obvious reasons)

Morphling.

With Ethereal blade shotgun combo you can instakill a support or 100-50 a hard carry

or Tinker

Tinker is literally known for his insane nukes and split push potential.
    Last edited by iLuvLyralei; 03-14-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Luna
    Go ahead and tell me she has no nukes.
    Remember, remember the 1st of November

A skilled Tinker player is revelant from beginning to end. Laser, missile, max dagon, rearm, repeat.... well over 2k damage in a matter of seconds.
    Last edited by vagitarian; 03-16-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Eblade + Dagon for single target nuke or Veil if you have AoE spells. Lvl 3 Finger/Laguna Blade with Eblade can instagib supports or bring down tanky heroes to critical HP even late game.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldK View Post
    Lvl 3 Finger/Laguna Blade with Eblade can instagib supports or bring down tanky heroes to critical HP even late game.
    As long as this item is not active or you are still alive after this item was activated:

Remember, remember the 1st of November